Lt. Commander
Title says it. I have no clue which patch it went in on, but finally my BOffs are actually using the bat'leths I give them instead of standing around looking dumb.

Now can we have that for unarmed?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2010, 07:32 AM
Ahh...are they any good with it?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Ahh...are they any good with it?
They do kill stuff at least.

I haven't paid enough attention to see if they do stuff like the overhead exploit attack, but at least they generate loads of exposes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-26-2010, 11:57 AM
I love this!
I have one of my klingon boffs running around with one and it helps big time against borg and species 8472.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-27-2010, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolatileSeeker
I love this!
I have one of my klingon boffs running around with one and it helps big time against borg and species 8472.
Where do we get these Bat'leths at ?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-27-2010, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caputo12
Where do we get these Bat'leths at ?
See the post I left you on the thread you started. Go to Deep Space 9 and look for the two Klingon weapons vendors with an Orion Slave Girl dancing behind them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-27-2010, 04:50 AM
Its about damned time!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-27-2010, 01:03 PM
If by use, you mean they take two swipes, run backwards, then switch to another target, yes.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
If by use, you mean they take two swipes, run backwards, then switch to another target, yes.
You can lock them to targets

It feels like they kill faster than when I have a team of energy wepaon Boffs, though they all have melee bonuses and I keep them hopped up on Dylovene.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-13-2010, 04:59 AM
I have a tac officer where he and all of his tac bof minions are swinging them. I made sure to have a tac off that was good on the ground too, and likewise is good advice for setting up your bof skills. Since it is tac skills that grant best use of a melee weapon, I would not advise granting a sci or eng boff a bat'leth. I use leg sweep and lunge for my 2nd and third tier abilities, with a stun grenade on my first order, and overlook I think as my 4th order. I must say it is sick Mk X Bat'leth's are brutal, and put into the hands of a competent melee'er, it makes ground combat sweeeeet and simple.

Why bother?
Simple. I noticed that them darn Klingon Swordmasters can turn anything to diced ham in a matter of seconds, and figured out that the shields are worthless against them. So I deduced, I can use that against my foes too. I started with just myself, then expanded to my tac bof's. I still did well, but my bofs didn't. I realized that I was using lunge, leg sweep to help neutralize my foes as my bofs weren't (well, more like couldn't). Once retrained, its just plain sick. In essence having shields does nothing from a foe's viewpoint since I can cut his colon out and feed it to his armpit in the same time a phaser or disruptor can take down shields. Make that x5, its downright ugly. And I like it that way