Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthar View Post
Do we get anything for telling 5 people to avoid STO because it's boring and stale besides a clear conscious?
Yeah, you get to keep your friends!
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Ha! 5? I am having trouble with them even fixing one of my RAFs with their buggy system.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicKitty
Well i personaly just hope that all items will eventualy become available inthe c-store or through game play unlocks.....but thats just my opinion i guess

I think its neat being able to get the stuff earlier before everyone else....but i think it would be more neat to have those same things eventualy available for other people.....and maybe instead have the pre-order thing...just letting people have newer things to play with first....

If i was in charge of the promo stuff for cryptic...the items and unlocks and things.....i would give them to the veteran palyers first....maybe as a thank you for their support.....and then give them out a month or two later in the veteran rewards program...then a month or two after that make the items available on the c-store.....

That way everyone can get the items.....people cant whine about costs becasue they can get the stuff for free....people cant whine about not getting something other people have becasue they can get them too...people cant whine about having to wait a long time becasue they will be inthe c-store so if they are realy new players they can just buy the items instead of waiting....and people cant whine about exclusive stuff becasue they get to try the stuff first.

but as i said...this is simply my opinion....
I agree that these items should be available by other means, but the C-Store is NOT an option as it will alienate and pi$$ people off who worked hard to get said item. By offering it for a few hundred (or even a few thousand) CP, Cryptic would be shooting themselves once again in the foot. I am an advocate of the Vet program, though. It would award long-term players without annoying too many people. Reading through (and even posting in) several of this type of thread, there are lots of people who are willing to share their toys, but not for free or cheap.

But, of course, that is MY opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I agree that these items should be available by other means, but the C-Store is NOT an option as it will alienate and pi$$ people off who worked hard to get said item. By offering it for a few hundred (or even a few thousand) CP, Cryptic would be shooting themselves once again in the foot. I am an advocate of the Vet program, though. It would award long-term players without annoying too many people. Reading through (and even posting in) several of this type of thread, there are lots of people who are willing to share their toys, but not for free or cheap.

But, of course, that is MY opinion.
Hear, Hear. I'm still trying to do things "the Cryptic way" but am having little success. C-Store Definitely is not the solution here. Vet Program seems viable though. Just make it for 500/600 Days, or higher, don't think they've gone that high for vet rewards yet... The Referral Program could have been planned out better. Cryptic seems to have evaded the key theme of success: MAKE EVERYTHING WORK FIRST BEFORE ADDING MORE STUFF THAT DOESN'T WORK. It's not rocket science people.

Now, as for trying things the way Cryptic wants, I have friends who are interested, they just either don't have systems capable of supporting it, they have already inputted a retail key [ by the way Cryptic, in my opinion, your next concern should be getting the referral system to be backwards compatable so our friends that already own the game can input our keys and we can input theirs. but no, that makes too much sense...] , they have recieved the key but don't plan on doing anything with it anytime soon, or they can't afford it.

Anyway, here's my two bits and rant.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-13-2010, 06:31 AM
um, just thought i would puth this fourth.... "Thats The Point, it's not suposed to be easy".

getting the Galaxy X through refferals is a reward for promoting the game, not an entitlement.
and if you could get it with cpoints or it was easy, everyone would have it. and there would be no reason to work twards anything. the galaxy x is probly the one thing worth working twards when it comes to in-game items.
it is more than fair. and on top of that you don't have to have even 5 diehard trek friends to make this work, just ask around... i mean i managed to get 3 people to sub for a month just to give it a try and mabe get them away from orld of worcrap for a change(at least for a bit.) they aren't trekies, they aren't sci-fi fans and are obsessed with wow, so, really, take it as it is. btw, your young....

c'mon people what's the problem with actualy having to try for something, if it were an entitlement instead of a reward for promoting the game they would have already said it will be in the c-store.

as i see it, issues like this only arise when people who are upset they didn't pre-order because they dont' get the exclusive's or find out there is a bonus that they can't have because of one reason or the other, they whine and complain just for the shear fact that they like what it is and refuse to take part in an action that would benifit the game/company in anyway saying " i bought the game and am paying monthly fee's , now give me everything everyone else has."
what a waist of inteligence.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Nothing on the referral program should become C-Store available. Reason: they're available by a different method. Pre-order bonuses aren't available at all any more and that's why they're being added.

I think the AGT Galaxy looks dumb anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devistator View Post
um, just thought i would puth this fourth.... "Thats The Point, it's not suposed to be easy".

getting the Galaxy X through refferals is a reward for promoting the game, not an entitlement.
and if you could get it with cpoints or it was easy, everyone would have it. and there would be no reason to work twards anything. the galaxy x is probly the one thing worth working twards when it comes to in-game items.
it is more than fair. and on top of that you don't have to have even 5 diehard trek friends to make this work, just ask around... i mean i managed to get 3 people to sub for a month just to give it a try and mabe get them away from orld of worcrap for a change(at least for a bit.) they aren't trekies, they aren't sci-fi fans and are obsessed with wow, so, really, take it as it is. btw, your young....

c'mon people what's the problem with actualy having to try for something, if it were an entitlement instead of a reward for promoting the game they would have already said it will be in the c-store.

as i see it, issues like this only arise when people who are upset they didn't pre-order because they dont' get the exclusive's or find out there is a bonus that they can't have because of one reason or the other, they whine and complain just for the shear fact that they like what it is and refuse to take part in an action that would benifit the game/company in anyway saying " i bought the game and am paying monthly fee's , now give me everything everyone else has."
Vet reward? That's pretty much, giving away the ship for free. I am sure everyone here would agree that if this was available as a vet reward, not that many people would've tried to get five people to sign up, buy, and subscribe to the game, or let alone, dish out $200 out of their own pocket to get the ship.

There are already many dozens or even hundreds who spent days, possibly weeks, trying to recruit five people to get this ship. If Cryptic EVER decides to have this ship available via C-Store or even any other means, then as other posters have mentioned, no one will EVER fall for meaingless Cryptic's promotions, including pre-orders, tribble tests, and R5F programs.

Seriously, why spend extra time and risk participating in refer a friend program or buy pre-orders or any promotions Cryptic ask, when you can just seat around for several months, until Crpytic makes these items available via C-Store or Vet Reward?
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMIndigoFyre
I am well aware of that situation. My point still stands though.
Maybe I could CON 5 of my worst enemies into buying subs and the game for one month?

So I could get the Photonic boff and uber 1701-D, Cause I like my friends

Or how about Cryptic just apply them to my account for asking nicely? Please

Cause all my worst enemies are way to smart to fall for the stuff my friends would
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-14-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
No, you obviously did not actually THINK when writing that.

Quote:

You, like just about everyone like you miss the vital point of our complaints:

1.) WE already brought everyone we could with us when this game launched. thats what friends usually do - start a game (an mmo anyway...) together.
Now, many of those have left after discovering just how much a borefest this game really is (and nothing has changed in sto to retract that judgement) and are NOT coming back. Even if we tried, they already have their accounts set up.and we won't get credit.

2.) Buddy keys. Oh yes. Lets not count the effective refferals from those things.. that will not make people angry in the slightest.

3.) Its incredibly unfair to those people who simply are not in the position to con (err... refer...) 5 people into this game.
The choice of a fully functioning, fan favorite ship that offers several special abilities is the main reason this is such an hotly discussed issue.

On top of a heckload of crpytic points they add a structurally (cloak, cannons, special weapon) superior ship.
Its not just a ship skin, or a slight modification of what everyone else has. Its a complete and total departure from what everyone else gets. Not to mention the fluff related (cloaks!!!!) problems it has:
Why can this ship mounts heavy cannons when everyone else is locked out?

4.) They cou'd have added a multitude of things instead a whole freaking ship.

a transwarp ability thats lets you choose the destination?
a boost to sectorspace speed?
eternally free respecs?
Bonus free play time?
Get all pre order perks and items? After all, those were done right - no major impact on the game.

I'd really like to see if the reffered people actually stay on longer than a month/60 days gtc time.

My suspicion is: they won't. Since they are no real referrals but a select number of people who forked over ~ 150$ to get this huge, 3 naccelled MacGuffn.

Job well done cryptic, bill ropers influence is strong in you.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-14-2010, 07:56 AM
sit back and relaz......all good things come to those who wait...........