Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
06-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Anything with Seska. She made it interesting. Too bad there were so few of them.
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach2Infinity View Post
I believe J. Michael Straczynski pitched the concept for Babylon 5 to Paramount Studios who refused to produce the series. He did claim that they stole several of his ideas for B5 and used them in the Deep Space Nine series.
He did it several years before DS9. The entire series was a copy. Then Paramount took Babylon 5-Crusade and turned it into the Enterprize/Zindi ark ( with about as much success).
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-13-2010, 09:18 AM
My favorite was in season 6:

"Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy"
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Basisc I & II (season 2 - 3 cliffhanger). Suder FTW.

False Profits (season 3) because, yeah, Ferengi, what did you expect me to say?
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Year of something something.. The ones where the ship is totally messed up
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
I've decided to watch Voyager again, but not the whole series, just some of the best episodes, and I need some advice.

Voyager is the one where they're in deep space, and they have to survive long enough to find a way home, right?

I think my favorite episode is the one where they meet another Battlestar, but almost get in a fight with them.

The one where they run out of water and have to stop a prison riot before they can get more off the surface of an ice moon is really good too.

But I really like the one where the Cylons are thrown into civil war, and some of them decide to ally with the Colonies. That's a really good one.

What are some of your favorite Voyager episodes?
The Hand of God and Colonial Day from the first season, anything from season 4.
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Year of something something.. The ones where the ship is totally messed up
Year of Hell.

I wished they had made an entire season of it. With no reset buttons. But ... well, if Ronald Moore had done it, that is what would have happened, I suppose.

If I ever wanted to write fan fiction, it would be "Voyager done right".

I think the introduction of SPecies 8472 was a faily interesting episode. And I liked the Q episode with the suicide-Q.
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltawen View Post
He did it several years before DS9. The entire series was a copy. Then Paramount took Babylon 5-Crusade and turned it into the Enterprize/Zindi ark ( with about as much success).
whilst i completely believe that the overall idea was based on MJS pitch to them, and there are some similarities in the initial set up, the two shows are massively different. i always though the paramount stealing his idea was over exaggerated.

after doing TNG set on a starship, a space station was the next logical choice to make a spin off feel different enough whilst still being star trek. just because MJS was the first to float the idea of a space station does not make it stealing his idea. he gave them an idea and they went their own way with it. if we go down that route thats its stealing then most tv shows are just copies of something that went before it.

the two shows are just so different i would not say the entire series was a copy of the other, just the initial idea.