Lt. Commander
It was mentioned in the Engineering Report recently that Honour Cloaks would be a rank unlock at admiral. (Along with Starfleet getting Admiral coats in the same manner.) Please, before you do that, watch some (more) Star Trek. Honour cloaks can be seen being worn by Klingon captains and even honoured dignitaries or ambassadors from other races (I feel sure I've seen Dax or Picard wearing an Honour Cloak at some point).

In regards to the Klingon Empire's non-Klingon captains: I would request that, instead of an automatic unlock at a specific rank, they should have to play through a mission chain that (story wise) allows them to prove their honour and bring glory to the Empire. (I play a non-Klingon K-side, so yes I'm saying to do this to my own toon.)

But most of all, please please don't restrict them to Admiral and up.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2010, 06:27 AM
They will be the next tier of 'Klingon Sash" in the costume designer, I'm sure. And it makes good sense to restrict them, for the same reason the other sashes are restricted by rank.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
They will be the next tier of 'Klingon Sash" in the costume designer, I'm sure. And it makes good sense to restrict them, for the same reason the other sashes are restricted by rank.
However, restricting them to Admiral isn't canonical. (And I use the canonical argument because the entire premise of the game has to originate from canon.) Why not use Klingon rank pins to establish rank? (Rank pins barely visible on these collars and on B'Elanna's collar.)

However... I do admit that there seems to be absolutely no standard of identification. I can find no official standard set of designations or uniform codes for the Klingon Empire. Even memory alpha's information is unusually scant on the subject.

In my googling and wiki-ing I have managed to confirm my original statement, though: That the Honour Cloak/Vest/Robe/Coat is in no way rank restricted. They have been seen worn by warriors all the way up to chancellors throughout the series and films, TNG and beyond.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
It might be a future C-store item.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
In my googling and wiki-ing I have managed to confirm my original statement, though: That the Honour Cloak/Vest/Robe/Coat is in no way rank restricted. They have been seen worn by warriors all the way up to chancellors throughout the series and films, TNG and beyond.
Ahh, but consider: one advantage of having STO set in the future compared to all published canon, is that you can always stipulate intervening events. So even if they weren't restricted in the past, a new rule might have been introduced on the first day of 2409 (or whatever year we're supposed to be in.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Ahh, but consider: one advantage of having STO set in the future compared to all published canon, is that you can always stipulate intervening events. So even if they weren't restricted in the past, a new rule might have been introduced on the first day of 2409 (or whatever year we're supposed to be in.)
It's also a disadvantage in that doing so makes a writer look lazy and sloppy. It's a deus ex machina approach when one isn't necessary. It is still in the planning stage, if all they have to do to remain true to the Klingon canon is adjust the rank at which it is unlocked or the method by which it is unlocked, then that is the path of least resistance and the path with the fans' best interests in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-13-2010, 10:05 AM
I dislike the current Klingon male chest armor option...it looks too much like a vest..and not enough like the battleplate tough looking armor they wear in the shows.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-13-2010, 12:52 PM
So where is the incentive purpose in making this a "captain" option? It is already fairly easy to get to General, if horribly repetitive why take away a perk for doing so? This is a game I do not expect nor really want 100% canonical adherence.