Lt. Commander
# 11
06-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Where are the kilts though? I thought Scotty was wearing one at Spock's funeral at the end of TWoK. I could be wrong though. And no bloody handprint option on the TWoK yet?
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-13-2010, 12:53 PM
I like the Borg BOff enough that it's on all of my characters' crews, but yeah, it'd be cool if it came in different classes. Choosing the class would be best, but matching the class of my Captain would be ok, too.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsbeast View Post
I like the Borg BOff enough that it's on all of my characters' crews, but yeah, it'd be cool if it came in different classes. Choosing the class would be best, but matching the class of my Captain would be ok, too.
I didn't even think about having it match the class of your Captain; good idea. Then again, I really only want my Borg Chief Medical Officer that I've had planned since we found out about the Borg Officer 'bonus item' (please don't kill me if I've used the wrong term! I bought mine from Amazon.com, so I guess I can say the 'Amazon Borg Officer.').

"Doc, I've got a headache, and I think I feel a fev.."
"Nanoprobes!"

Or maybe have him greet patients: "Welcome to Sick Bay. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

(Man, I need to get off my duff and just do the STFs, so I can go ahead and have my Borg CMO!)
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-14-2010, 02:30 PM
IMO I think that the Borg should come as a alien layout instead of human/klingon cause the Borg assimalated so many different species it would be fun to play with the variations.

Since it is going to be in the c store I sure hope they plan to add male and female varients of all three classes but with different traits then the ones that are drops.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
Um... you can't put the skirt on the male and if you could, you'd probably not want to anyhow? lol
I must say, I'd do less crawling around my bridge in 'crouch mode' LOL
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
IMO I think that the Borg should come as a alien layout instead of human/klingon cause the Borg assimalated so many different species it would be fun to play with the variations.

Since it is going to be in the c store I sure hope they plan to add male and female varients of all three classes but with different traits then the ones that are drops.
*rubs temples*

Sure, let's go with that. While we're at it, why don't we introduce BO powers that can only be bought from the C-Store, weapons that can only be bought from the C-Store, powerups that can only be bought from the C-store...

Oh wait, that's a f2p cash shop game model, not a subscription-to-play game model.

Why do people keep begging to get double-charged?
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:

Technically, this should be the case, but think of all the work necessary to implement this for all Species (including custom ones) in STO... Is this truly worth all the work that would be involved???
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Technically, this should be the case, but think of all the work necessary to implement this for all Species (including custom ones) in STO... Is this truly worth all the work that would be involved???
What?

It's not like there aren't plenty of bits you can already pick that don't look weird and misshapen when the scale settings go past a certain range. Just make a physical template which adds the Borg Bits to the Alien list and use the Alien base trait list with Efficient Captain and (whatever the Regeneration stat is) force-selected.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:

I like the idea of being to be able to pick another species for our Borg officers other than Human or Klingon. I not really pushing for it, though; I'm role-playing mine as a Norcadian (yeah, yeah, I'm a Voyager fanboi, heh), even though she's 'technically' a Liberated Borg Human.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
Um... you can't put the skirt on the male and if you could, you'd probably not want to anyhow? lol
IT'S A KILT!