Lt. Commander
# 21
06-14-2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
Other features could be like hints on what's to come, or spoilers or exclusive info from the developers. That green concierge woman already drops a hint about the Breen when you first get there because she's got a message for you from the future.

It would be nice if the developers used it as a hang out spot to chat with us too. It seems like they only hang out on Tribble sever. They should drop by the Captain's Table and interact with their lifetime players, because we're the ones who want the game to succeed and give suggestions.

Instead of a one-stop-shop they should just make access more convenient. Since the Captain's Table exists outside of normal spacetime, then how about using it as a travel-hub? You could walk through a door in your ship interior/ready-room and appear at The Captain's Table. Much more convenient than flying to Spacedock and going through the nebula!
Have you not read the "Breen" bit with the Concerlierge (or whatever the orion female is called as you beam in)?

And I do agree about the "Captains Table". Whenever I've been there, out of boredom, theres about 3 others max.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-14-2010, 04:20 AM
so does it exsist out of space AND time, cuz if time it would be awesome to see kirk or picard or some cpt from the shows there
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-14-2010, 05:04 AM
I love how the irony of this thread is, its the Captains Table, thats only available to Captains that took a punt on LTS...

Why not open it up to all if there isnt enough activity there?
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainValentine View Post
I love how the irony of this thread is, its the Captains Table, thats only available to Captains that took a punt on LTS...

Why not open it up to all if there isnt enough activity there?
I believe they have said the Captain's Table will be a veteran's reward, so there you go
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-14-2010, 06:10 AM
The Captain's Table should come with its own transwarp ability.

Lt. Commander
# 26
06-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvashio View Post
so does it exsist out of space AND time, cuz if time it would be awesome to see kirk or picard or some cpt from the shows there
But that won't ever happen because Cryptic can't afford to pay the likes of Shatner or Sir Patrick Stewart for their likenesses. That's the reason why, though we hear Spock's voice in the Guardian of Time mission we don't actually see him because they couldn't afford to pay to use his appearance. That's also the reason why we run into the children of canon characters or hear about them second-hand as opposed to actually meeting them.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-14-2010, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
But that won't ever happen because Cryptic can't afford to pay the likes of Shatner or Sir Patrick Stewart for their likenesses. That's the reason why, though we hear Spock's voice in the Guardian of Time mission we don't actually see him because they couldn't afford to pay to use his appearance. That's also the reason why we run into the children of canon characters or hear about them second-hand as opposed to actually meeting them.
What he said.

Cryptic are saving their pennies for "real" content.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
So get thier stunt doubles!
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-15-2010, 01:00 AM
So back in twenty-three diggity six, we had to say diggity cuz the Chancellor stole our word for twenty.... *snores* Wait... what was I saying?
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereign View Post
So back in twenty-three diggity six, we had to say diggity cuz the Chancellor stole our word for twenty.... *snores* Wait... what was I saying?
...the important thing was I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You used to be able to ride the bus for a nickle, which had bumblebees on the back, give me five bees for a quarter we used to say...