Lt. Commander
I wonder why, if you create an 'Alien', you can, in effect, create a perfectly Klingon looking character in every way... plus *NOT* have the dumb looking guaranteed-to-clip neck bandana... and hence an open neckline.

Surely enabling 'collar = none' for all Klingon, Orion and Liberated Borg Klingon females is a trivially easy coding job (presumably just flipping a toggle from 0 to 1), so any chance we can get that done *before* season 2?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-12-2010, 07:26 AM
That's really a good question. I never understood the excuse 'the collar covers the skin issues from neck to upper body', because, well, Klingons, Orions and all have a solid skin color. Its not that they have different colors on neck and body, or any patterns that could be mismatched or not correctly line up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Exactly so. Using 'alien' you can make a female toon look EXACTLY the same as a Klingon or Orion... except with no daft looking bandana... and the neck looks just fine plus gives you some extra options like more ear rings.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-12-2010, 10:14 PM
On Fed side, there is the TOS costume with a wide neck. It shows the neck and a bit of the shoulders. It can also be used by all species, including ones with green skin or Klingon features, and even Trill spots. It shows - on the neck - just as much skin as a KDF toon would without the collar. So I really don't see the issue with any female KDF option. Trill, I understood to a point that the spots were not lining up or so. But that outfit and the aliens (though aliens don't have body spots as far as I know) without collar clearly show there is no issue. And the TOS outfit was around before there were KDF Joined Trill, so I doubt there was an issue with the spots and that's why the collar stayed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-14-2010, 04:54 AM
I'm all for opening all options for both male and female. All clothing (perhaps not female clothing for males though), all armor, all head attachments, hairstyles, etc.