Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rihanhadheno View Post
That why you buy one copy of the game like normal people and wait for the rest to hit the C-Store like every other MMO
Every other mmo? ever play swg or wow they say exclusive and it means forever swg doesnt even have mt's
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
Wow, I steer clear of the boards for a few days and this happens!!

Wonder what made them decide to give these items away ala C-Store?
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Spartan View Post
I think it is wrong to offer "exclusive" and special "preorder items" for sale in the store - ever. It is a slap in the face of the people that took the big risk and invested early and in some cases big-time into the franchise.

This is supposedly a creative enterprise so why not create other stuff and sell it?
Constant whining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
I agree wholeheartedly. Or..... I propose Cryptic introduce these items with slight variations.

The items don't even have to be created from the scratch. Why not make "variations" of the pre-order/collectors items and put them into C-Store, instead of having the same items available? That would certainly appease both the collectors and the C-Store fanatics.

The nature of variations can be anything, fro a slight name change, stats variation, or even a color change. I say that doesn't offend any collectors out there AND is still available for the C-Store fanatics who want those items as well.

Those slight changes don't require much work from Cryptic. Use the same models for the items. Just a small variations to differentiate the items acquired via Pre-Order/Collectors to those from C-Store.
because it would start this whole mess all over agin sadly enough thats the way it goes
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The problem with variations is ... you create a situation where people want the TNG uniform. Not the TNG variant. And some "collectors" want both the TNG and the TNG variant, because they're collectors.

So you end up creating a situation that only escalates the issue, and doesn't solve the problem.

I think variants are a great idea. But only "in addition" to the other uniforms being made available. The point of the move is to make the uniforms available. So ideas that make them unavailable don't really address the issue too effectively.
I understand what you are saying. When I say "variations" though, I mean the property of the items should be pretty much the same, except perhaps a variation as to the "name" or "color schemes." For example...

Through R5F promotion, we can get the AGT Galaxy Class. Just to appease those who think this should be on C-Store as well, Cryptic can easily sell the same ship with a slight change in name. On C-Store, AGT Galaxy Cruiser is labelled as "1701-D Galaxy Class Cruiser." If Cryptic ever decides to introduce the ship to the general populous via C-Store, then why not introduce the same ship with a different title? "AGT Galaxy Class Cruiser" should suffice right? Or perhaps a small variation with the appearance? Maybe a variation with the hull markings I don't know. What I am suggesting is a compromise that could appease both crowds.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
I understand what you are saying. When I say "variations" though, I mean the property of the items should be pretty much the same, except perhaps a variation as to the "name" or "color schemes." For example...

Through R5F promotion, we can get the AGT Galaxy Class. Just to appease those who think this should be on C-Store as well, Cryptic can easily sell the same ship with a slight change in name. On C-Store, AGT Galaxy Cruiser is labelled as "1701-D Galaxy Class Cruiser." If Cryptic ever decides to introduce the ship to the general populous via C-Store, then why not introduce the same ship with a different title? "AGT Galaxy Class Cruiser" should suffice right? Or perhaps a small variation with the appearance? Maybe a variation with the hull markings I don't know. What I am suggesting is a compromise that could appease both crowds.
Oh and sorry if I am not making any sense. I've been staying up all night long, trying to finish this damn accolade.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8Dragon View Post
I would like to buy the Borg-Tribble, the playable Borg, the Trill, ships...or something like that too in the C-Store, but I also see the Problem of those who bought the game mutliple times... But I think, there would be a Way to make it fair... Give them some Extra-Play-Time for every code or something like that... I hated the Del Tacco spezial... Im in Germany, without a Del Taco, so I couldn't get that code... I think you would have bought it in the C-Store
There is a way to ge the shuttle if you bought the GameStation copy of ST:O since it also included the Type 8 Shuttlecraft.

Also I agree with the option to buy the Tribble of Borg to go with my All Borg ship. All I need left is a Borg Tac BO.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Kid
Is adding any these exclusive items a good idea? Anything in the future labeled as "exclusive", "unique" or "time-limited" won't mean squat as people will know it will eventually go onto the C-Store for probably a much cheaper price.
When you drive a car off the lot it's immediately worth less. Depreciation is a fact of life, so yes anything you buy now is going to be worth less later on.

As far as the exclusive items not meaning anything, you're ignoring that the people who bought these products very soon now are going to have had five months of exclusive access to these bits and pieces which were offered as small bonuses in retail packages. So by the time this stuff does hit the C-Store they're going to have had half a years access to the stuff (which they got in addition to other things, like game time) and people buying it now will still have to pay for it. I don't think that's at all unreasonable.

As a Lifer I really don't care if the borg captain is sold in the C-Store (or even just given away at this point, as a Veteran Reward or otherwise). I, oddly, have no desire to try and keep things from other people when doing so doesn't deprive me of access to them.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-14-2010, 03:02 PM
I would sign this petition. If even ONE of the items gets put on the C-Store, they should ALL be. Why offer a fraction of the pre-order and edition exclusives when you can put everything under the sun up for grabs? While I don't support this move (especially this early in the game's life-cycle) if it has to be done at all, make it an all-or-nothing affair. And if the MU uniforms have to be on the list, then make the Liberated Borg and Galaxy-X available for purchase as well.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojen
Every other mmo? ever play swg or wow they say exclusive and it means forever swg doesnt even have mt's
Didn't being force sensitive used to be really really exclusive in that game? Did they ever change that?
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
When you drive a car off the lot it's immediately worth less. Depreciation is a fact of life, so yes anything you buy now is going to be worth less later on.

As far as the exclusive items not meaning anything, you're ignoring that the people who bought these products very soon now are going to have had five months of exclusive access to these bits and pieces which were offered as small bonuses in retail packages. So by the time this stuff does hit the C-Store they're going to have had half a years access to the stuff (which they got in addition to other things, like game time) and people buying it now will still have to pay for it. I don't think that's at all unreasonable.

As a Lifer I really don't care if the borg captain is sold in the C-Store (or even just given away at this point, as a Veteran Reward or otherwise). I, oddly, have no desire to try and keep things from other people when doing so doesn't deprive me of access to them.
not all things lose value the rare the item the more value it has ever collect baseball cards or any othe collectible and since these are virtual items theres no wear and tear like a car or computer
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Oh and sorry if I am not making any sense. I've been staying up all night long, trying to finish this damn accolade.
No worries. You ever finish that accolade? Which one was it you were going for?