Lt. Commander
Cryptic, when are you going to fix these few, but overpowered mobs on Elite? It's been 2 months with us asking you to fix it, and no fixes yet?

This is why people are mad at your company, because you're not fixing these bugs?

As for those who are going to say "play on Advanced", then I say to you, would you lower your standards because of a mobs?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-13-2010, 06:25 PM
have you tried changing your Boff setup?

If you're talking about the ground you should have two healer boffs and 2 engies.

If you're talking about space, you should position yourself and think before you shoot.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-13-2010, 06:59 PM
The problem's not just with mobs on Elite, I think it goes deeper than that. I ran into some ground mobs on normal that were giving me a lot of trouble... again, this was on the normal setting. I actually got killed on a ground cluster mission on normal.

So take that and multiply the difficulty exponentially for Advanced and Elite. In almost every case I can easily handle the mobs on normal and advanced, and sometimes I can handle the mobs on elite. (In space, I can handle elite just fine.) And it's not every mob, it's only when when certain alien abilities combine with certain stats and weapons via genesis content. (I haven't tried any of the premade mobs on my Fed character; Romulans, Klingons, Cardies, et cetera, so I don't know if any of them have the same issue.)

What they need is some kind of limiting algorithm in the genesis creator, so some abilities/weapons can't combine.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadynGabriel

If you're talking about the ground you should have two healer boffs and 2 engies.

If you're talking about space, you should position yourself and think before you shoot.
It's not a BOff setup or player abilities issue, some of these mobs on elite can one-shot kill, and distracting them with your BOffs doesn't work.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadynGabriel

No offense, but it's obvious you never played on Elite.

Like said above, there are certain mobs that really do a number on you, even if you reconfigure your BOs. For instance, Klingon Swordmasters take 2/3 of your life in 1 swing or NPCs with Rapid Fire or Dual Disruptor Pistoles can seriously damage you in seconds. So the only way you might survive is if you had a full team of Doctors healing you.

The rest are mangable and are really fun compared to mobs on Normal. So giving up Elite because of a few troublesome mobs is silly.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Pretty much anything on Elite that has Dual Pistols will kill you. Reminds me of the Sword Master back in Beta.