Lt. Commander
# 1 Dazed and Confused
06-14-2010, 10:10 AM
After reading 20 or so posts this morning, I have come away a bit confused.

I see a lot of people complaining about Veterans rewards, C-store stuff, costumes/uniforms, etc.

To me, this stuff all seems like fluff. I personally, would much rather see the Devs spend more time focusing on content and bug fixes. Too much time seems to be devoted to endeavors that don't fix or add content to the title. I mean, they still HAVE NOT fixed the Beam Overload bug. This has been a problem since launch.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I don't get why rewards and the C-store should ever trump play-ability.

I realize that some will say that costumes/uniforms are part of the reason that they play the game. So that they can play "dress up" with their virtual dollies.

I can't wait for more to do at RA5 than just the STF Nerf Fests.

Sorry for the rant. I truly enjoy this game right up to level cap. That is why I now have 4 toons. It is more fun getting to RA5 than actually being at RA5.

Cheers everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Beam Overload is fixed since Patch 1.2...
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Honestly, I don't think anyone thinks it trumps playability. Only thing is they already said Season 2 is supposed to give RA5's more to do up to VA1 and also K-Fed story content. So people are on wait and see mode with that in S2.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn1702 View Post
Beam Overload is fixed since Patch 1.2...
You know, I haven't tried it in weeks. The new toon I created 2 weeks ago does not have a BO with this skill, so I'll have to log in as one of my older toons to test this. I hope it is really fixed.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-14-2010, 10:24 AM
A lot of the C-Store stuff is art department assets. The "content" in terms of Diplomacy, additional missions can all be executed with the current art assets in the game. It isn't really an issue of "We are working on uniforms first, and then we will work on bugs and content" it is an issue of several departments working in parallel and by far the easiest to release is the fluff.

A good artist can turn out several good assets a day. Factor in things like design meetings, reviews and reworks and to me it is not surprising that we can see C-Store stuff and vet reward stuff coming out first WHILE content and bug fixes are taking place behind the scenes.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Another thing to remember is that a lot of those items, such as the Fed costumes, or the NX prefix, already exist in game. Making them accessible through the C-Store wouldn't take much time at all.

As for the rest, check out the latest Engineering Report- they are working on some pretty exciting stuff.