# 21
06-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
"Doc, I've got a headache, and I think I feel a fev.."
"Nanoprobes!"
"I've got a FEVER, and the only PERSCRIPTION, is MORE NANOPROBES."

Sorry, in a weird mood, it seems.

However, to indirectly agree with SquidheadJax: Let's not push for more stuff in the C-Store. I appreciate that this is an additional and somewhat needed revenue stream for Cryptic, but it can quickly get out of hand.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
IT'S A KILT!
Kilts are canonical, after all.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Very much so. I wouldn't mind seeing them.

*sigh* C-Store Costume Pack: Scots Highlander, I bet. With equippable bagpipes and /bagpipes emote. With sound. You know, that might almost be worth getting to torque the heck out of people in Spacedock. Would that count as game-affecting?
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
"I've got a FEVER, and the only PERSCRIPTION, is MORE NANOPROBES."

Sorry, in a weird mood, it seems.

However, to indirectly agree with SquidheadJax: Let's not push for more stuff in the C-Store. I appreciate that this is an additional and somewhat needed revenue stream for Cryptic, but it can quickly get out of hand.
Good one! I must be in a weird mood as well, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
So are the 'skants,' lol. I'd like to see kilt options for the people who want them; I just really want to be able to make my Zapp Brannigan Pilot. Maybe one day, hopefully...
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Quote:
So are the 'skants,' lol. I'd like to see kilt options for the people who want them; I just really want to be able to make my Zapp Brannigan Pilot. Maybe one day, hopefully...
Please! for the love of my sanity! NOOOOO!
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Good one! I must be in a weird mood as well, heh.

Ahh yes. I forgot the Zapp Suit. Sure, it's not Trek, but there was sort of a crossover...
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Please! for the love of my sanity! NOOOOO!
YESS!! Muwahahaha!

(I've had the idea of making Zapp since before beta, but I've put him on hold because I can't put him in his proper uniform. If they do add the 'skant' uniforms (or heck, even kilt options), I'll be able to finally make him. Funny thing is, one of my alt's officers was originally named Kiq, and is a little green alien that looks a lot like Kif. I've changed his name (well, the 'q' to 'f', anyhow), and I'll probably change what little bits differ from the Futurama version.)

Just to try to get back on-topic a bit, I'd still like to see at least an obtainable Tactical Borg Officer; preferably through game play, but C-Store if they must.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:
IT'S A KILT!
Notice my next post mentioned that Scotty had on a kilt during the funeral of Spock in Wrath? So maybe they will put it as part of the Wrath set. Plus the bloody hand print option on the open flap like Kirk was sporting in that movie.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Note: I'm not asking for C-Store to be the only source of Borg BOs or even to replace the STF version.

I'm just saying, they likely limited the Amazon version to being an Engineer because they only intended to do one version of her, to keep the pre-order from being too valuable in relation to other pre-orders.

But once you put her up on the C-Store, I think it raises the question, "Why not release three separate versions of her?"
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-15-2010, 06:15 AM
I think there is a fundamental problem with releasing a Cash version of an in game resource (BO) when the only in game version is limited to
1. Pre-order
2. End Game Mission
3. EXTREMELY rare BO (as in they are 17m on the exchange)

I have no issue with letting people have all the liberated borg officers they want, however I have a huge problem with encouraging people to buy them from the c-store because the bugged passive assignment means that only 1-2 of the 20 or so BO you are given even have a chance to have efficient.

They are financially gaining by allowing the bug to remain in game, because many people who are min/maxers will buy the BO because no other option is available to get efficient trait (one of the few traits that affect space).