Lt. Commander
Just wanted to point out that the first Caitian ever depicted, M'Ress had a mane. Yes, she's female. Yes she has a mane. I cannot make a maned Caitian.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
Yes, she's female
Or she was a guy in a dress.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Wah. 10char
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
Wah. 10char
What a helpful response.

Someone has something critical to say about the artwork and all you can say is "wah 10char"?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysander_X View Post
Or she was a guy in a dress.
Watch it, that's Gene Roddenberry's wife you're talking about.

Anyway, not even male Caitians have manes. I'm somewhat disappointed. What we've got is basically EQ/EQ2 VahShir/Kerrans in Space right now. Not Caitians.

So is this what happened to the VahShir after Luclin blew up?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Keep in mind what works in a cartoon might not look right in a 3D rendering or in a live model, the Caitians we've seen in all the live action stuff didn't have long flowing hair like m'ress did either.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-15-2010, 03:20 PM
There's already been lots of posts about the missing mane, and the corrections coming down the road, because they wanted to get Caitians out so people would stop... *drumroll*... whining about them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
Keep in mind what works in a cartoon might not look right in a 3D rendering or in a live model, the Caitians we've seen in all the live action stuff didn't have long flowing hair like m'ress did either.
Sorry but long flowing hair works better in live action than it does in cartoons, and there's already long hair in the game. I understand it's probably a result of budget and time restraints, but it's just without manes, the Caitians were essentially rushed out of the door. Probably to quell the complaints.

All I'm asking is for some mane options. They don't have to be knee length manes, shoulder length would be perfectly fine, but at least some kind of mane option to keep with the original depictions of the species.

(EDIT) Also, since I have the MU uniform already, have for a while, in the character creator, I just put a Caitian in the MU uniform and when I put stockings on the character, I started saying "wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong"...

I knew a guy once who liked to crossdress and he never shaved his legs and would wear sheer stockings and thought people stared at him because he was "pretty". *shudder*

I don't know what would be worse though, a Kerran with those sheer stockings over unshaved legs or over shaved legs...
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-15-2010, 03:25 PM
I posted a reply in a different thread that the issue boils down to this - the caitians use new fancy pants hair tech (as you can see in their beards).

The existing old hairstyles do not look good when put on the new fancy hair Caitians.

So instead of giving you crappy hairstyles, we want to go back and redo our hairstyles to use the new tech. This takes time and will come as soon as we can get them converted, and it will address this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
i laughed so hard at this...

they CAN make that easily, just as with all games and there dev's they are very lazy and prefer to get stuff out on the tight schedule they are put to...and even that is 'late'