Lt. Commander
# 111
06-09-2010, 09:01 PM
I love the TNG Movie variant. Very accurate.
Lt. Commander
# 112
06-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Okay, I've begun working up a list of the 25th century uniforms and taking note of the colors as they are worn by various NPCs. The combination of pants and tops and the colors used appear quite different than the defaults that are set if you use the basic uniform chooser. I will add them to the guide as I complete them.

Also, the moment it becomes available to me I will be adding the Alternate Future uniform from All Good Things to the guide as well. I'll be rewatching the episode several times over the weekend and taking note of the colors used.

Lt. Commander
# 113
06-11-2010, 03:47 PM
I want to point out that you used a gray as the undershirt for the Type B Uniform (Early DS9/ Voy) but its more of a blue-gray/purple.
Lt. Commander
# 114
06-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I want to point out that you used a gray as the undershirt for the Type B Uniform (Early DS9/ Voy) but its more of a blue-gray/purple.

People have pointed this out before. As I explained previously, the purplish and bluish colors you see are an effect of lighting, not the actual color of the garment. The cool gray color that I have chosen has the same effect in many of the areas of the game that have similar lighting. They just don't appear that way in the neutral lighting of the Tailor screen.

Lt. Commander
# 115
06-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Well, Pariahterra suggested above that maybe it's the word "canon" that is keeping the guide from being stickied, as it may be necessary for CBS to approve of the selections made themselves.

Of course, they would be all colored in the "canon" fashion as the series uniforms are. I would just avoid using the word "canon" in the title.

Maybe I could just add a disclaimer to this guide that these are not officially "canon" until declared so by the owners of the IP and that they are merely the consensus of the game community as to what appears closest to "canon" colors.

Oh, I wasn't concerned about canon, I just wanted to make sure that's what you were doing... I mean, when you say a guide for what "I think looks good," you might be thinking that neon green and pink look good. And as good as they do look together, I think people would expect a canon-based guide from you, based on this thread. That's all. I mean, if you DO want to do a guide, with all the craziest colors you can think of, then go right ahead :p Just make it clear that it's your own opinions, rather than a guide to using "canon" colors on the new uniforms.

I think that the whole "calling this canon prevents it from being officially recognized" argument is somewhat silly, but given that CBS had a hand in everything down to turbolift door labels, I wouldn't put it past them.
Lt. Commander
# 116
06-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Oh, I wasn't concerned about canon, I just wanted to make sure that's what you were doing... I mean, when you say a guide for what "I think looks good," you might be thinking that neon green and pink look good. And as good as they do look together, I think people would expect a canon-based guide from you, based on this thread. That's all. I mean, if you DO want to do a guide, with all the craziest colors you can think of, then go right ahead :p Just make it clear that it's your own opinions, rather than a guide to using "canon" colors on the new uniforms.

I think that the whole "calling this canon prevents it from being officially recognized" argument is somewhat silly, but given that CBS had a hand in everything down to turbolift door labels, I wouldn't put it past them.
I should be finished with the 25th century uniforms very soon. You will probably like the fact that most of them are actually matched to the colors as they are worn by NPCs in the game, which makes them truly canon (that is assuming CBS considers those canon). For some there are many variations or there are no NPCs in the game that wear them. In those cases I just picked the colors that looked most like something that could have been worn in one of the series.

As for whether this thread is officially recognized or not no longer matters to me. My time here is short now. I will not go into the whys and wherefores in this thread.

Lt. Commander
# 117
06-16-2010, 10:49 AM
I've only read the first post and looked at a couple of the pictures, but my oh my, what great work. I'll have to spend more time going through this later.

Thumbs up Blackavaar!!!

/Subscribed.

/Vote for Sticky.
Lt. Commander
# 118
06-18-2010, 02:17 PM
25th Century Uniforms

These are the new uniforms introduced by the game itself. As such the majority of them are colored as they are worn by NPCs in the game. Those that are not worn by or those that have many variations worn by NPCs have been colored so that they appear as something that might have been used in any of the various series. The designations used are still as per the canon designations of the series, not by the Career choices as per the game.

Antares 01

Command Red
Security/Engineering Gold
Sciences Blue
Captain's Variant

Antares 02

Command Red
Sciences Blue
Captain's Variant

Antares 03

Command Red
Sciences Blue

Antares 04

Command Red
Sciences Blue
Medical Blue-Green Variant

Antares 05

Command Red
Sciences Blue
Captain's Variant

Sierra 01

Command Red
Sciences Blue
Captain's Variant

Sierra 02

Command Red
Sciences Blue
Captain's Variant

Sierra 03

Command Red
Sciences Blue
Captain's Variant

Sierra 04

Command Red
Sciences Blue
Medical Blue-Green Variant

Sierra 05

Command Red
Sciences Blue
Captain's Variant

Section 31

Command Red
Sciences Gray
Medical Teal

Veteran

Command Red
Sciences Blue
Medical Blue-Green
Captain's Variant

Jupiter Veteran

Command Red
Sciences Teal

Jupiter Veteran Decorated

Command Red
Sciences Teal

Vice Admiral

Command 1
Command 2
Operations 1
Operations 2
Sciences 1
Sciences 2

Ceremonial Variant

Starfleet Intelligence Variant

Mirror Universe Versions

Enjoy them everyone!

Lt. Commander
# 119
06-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Thank you for the time and effort put into to assembling these guides. At first, I assumed some of them were wrong. Though, that's not really accurate. It really does depend a lot upon ones video settings and the lighting of the zones. I've found your guide to be really good places to begin when customizing my BO's with my uniform of choice.
Lt. Commander
# 120
06-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
Thank you for the time and effort put into to assembling these guides. At first, I assumed some of them were wrong. Though, that's not really accurate. It really does depend a lot upon ones video settings and the lighting of the zones. I've found your guide to be really good places to begin when customizing my BO's with my uniform of choice.
QFT. I appreciate the OP's effort in this detailed guide. However, colors are going to change in different lighting for different areas, let alone everyone's monitors, video cards, color profile, and monitor adjustments are going to be different, which makes it look right to one person but not another.