Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
So, you're saying that Cryptic are a business focussed on profit making. Touché! point well made.
Look, obviously they're a company and they need to profit. However, it seems to be getting out of hand.

- We're already paying a monthly fee of $15 just to have them add another 10+ dollars worth of paid DLC every month as well. Isn't the whole point of paid subscription MMO's to continue paying because they're going to continue to release content for you, not continue to release content for you to buy?

- Selling the pre-order/Special edition things is just too far in my opinion. If they sold them for the same prices that you paid for them originally it wouldn't be -as- bad (though still bad in my book), but people bought multiple copies of the game to get these, at the time, exclusive items, and now you can buy them for $5-$10 at the C-store.

- Not to mention their point system is built specifically to make you pay more than you'd actually want to. Any point system that's created this way is clearly made to screw customers. It's not like it isn't possible to sell the items/points at even value. You're 10 points away from getting that Ship? Well, buy another 500 points and you'll be able to afford it.

- Other MMO's have had success with the same or less amount of subscribers as Star Trek Online, with little to no Paid DLC. Star Trek online literally has more paid DLC than any other monthly subscription MMO, and it hasn't even been out for half a year. If they keep this pace up, a year or two from now they'll have $150+ worth of paid DLC in their store. Plus the $15 I'm paying them a month, Plus the $60+ dollars I payed for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-15-2010, 03:11 PM
But Cryptic never promised that the Vendor's Perks were going to be 'Exclusive' for life. As stated in the Pre-Order FAQ...
Quote:
Q: Will the exclusives be offered as a microtransaction?

A: Not at launch, but somewhere down the road we may offer to let people purchases these if they did not pre-order.
http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenorn
@Grouchy.Otaku: I'm sorry, but I didn't fork up $60 (Many people paid much much more), and continue to pay $15 a month for them to release TONS of content that I need to pay even MORE for. .
So what would you rather have Cryptic do instead? Raise the subscription fees so you could have 'Free' access to all the stuff you don't need???
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
So what would you rather have Cryptic do instead? Raise the subscription fees so you could have 'Free' access to all the stuff you don't need???
You don't understand. Most of the stuff in the C-Store currently should be free. Otherwise, why would I be paying them monthly? The entire point of an MMO is that it's a world that continues to get new things, so you continue to pay for it. What am I continuing to pay for if they're charging me extra money for all this stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
@Kronoso: Right, right. It's not like those are things you could've prevented yourself if you wanted to, right? Name change, faction change, race change. Yeah, it's not like YOU could've chosen the other race.

@Grouchy.Otaku: I'm sorry, but I didn't fork up $60 (Many people paid much much more), and continue to pay $15 a month for them to release TONS of content that I need to pay even MORE for.

MMO's have 2 general categories.

- Free to play, with the option to purchase many things for money.
- Paid subscription, with few/no paid DLC.

Cryptic seems to have combined those, paying monthly AND for content. They've made it completely clear they're in this for nothing but the money. They released the game unfinished (Clearly) and with DLC ON LAUNCH DAY. That means they intentionally left things out of the game so they could get money for them after we've already paid for the game. They then proceed to release more Paid DLC than ANY OTHER PAID MMO within the first 5 months. INCLUDING The pre-order/limited/deluxe/special edition items that people paid FAR MORE MONEY FOR BEFORE-HAND.
first off your dumb okay. there's other things they charge for that doesn't even have to do with name change and other crap. second off please stop playing star trek and go back to wow because its clear from your elitest attitude your a wow lover and you like having your epeen stroked so please go back to wow so you can be elite. thank you and have a nice day.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
You don't understand. Most of the stuff in the C-Store currently should be free. Otherwise, why would I be paying them monthly? The entire point of an MMO is that it's a world that continues to get new things, so you continue to pay for it. What am I continuing to pay for if they're charging me extra money for all this stuff?
Your paying for all the new features and improvements of the 1.1 Release, the 1.2 Release, the upcoming 2.0 release....
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Your paying for all the new features and improvements of the 1.1 Release, the 1.2 Release, the upcoming 2.0 release....
Right, you mean all the improvements that they're making because they sold the game unfinished, and with no content.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronoso1979 View Post
first off your dumb okay. there's other things they charge for that doesn't even have to do with name change and other crap. second off please stop playing star trek and go back to wow because its clear from your elitest attitude your a wow lover and you like having your epeen stroked so please go back to wow so you can be elite. thank you and have a nice day.
First off, you're the one that is typing with the sentences at the level of a 6 year old, so you would be the dumb one in this situation. Secondly, there are very few items that Blizzard sells that are actual in-game items/races/pets/mounts etc. Two of which actually come with real-life plush toys.

Also, how is not wanting to pay $60 for paid DLC to a company I'm already paying $15 a month to being an elitist? You sir, I find to be unintelligent. Yes, I did play WoW for about 5 years. I have recently stop playing due to sheer boredom.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronoso1979 View Post
first off your dumb okay..
Reported........
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
First off, you're the one that is typing with the sentences at the level of a 6 year old, so you would be the dumb one in this situation. Secondly, there are very few items that Blizzard sells that are actual in-game items/races/pets/mounts etc. Two of which actually come with real-life plush toys.

Also, how is not wanting to pay $60 for paid DLC to a company I'm already paying $15 a month to being an elitist? You sir, I find to be unintelligent. Yes, I did play WoW for about 5 years. I have recently stop playing due to sheer boredom.
This was a forum post that was talking about cryptic making money as a business and you came in here hoping to get a flame fest going on which you did now good job so please go back to wow and continue to have your epeen stroked there. Because you won't get it stroked here. I quit playing wow myself to get away from players like you. But i guess this game will get ran into the ground too by your kind. What a shame. Btw your prescious wow game in its next expansion is stealing a few ideas from star trek online oh and good job saying reported on your alt account bud typical tactic a wow nerd would do.
Closed Thread