Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenorn
First off, you're the one that is typing with the sentences at the level of a 6 year old, so you would be the dumb one in this situation. Secondly, there are very few items that Blizzard sells that are actual in-game items/races/pets/mounts etc. Two of which actually come with real-life plush toys.

Also, how is not wanting to pay $60 for paid DLC to a company I'm already paying $15 a month to being an elitist? You sir, I find to be unintelligent. Yes, I did play WoW for about 5 years. I have recently stop playing due to sheer boredom.

oh and second off this is the internet mr tough guy I don't have to be prim and proper is that okay with you daddy?
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronoso1979 View Post
This was a forum post that was talking about cryptic making money as a business and you came in here hoping to get a flame fest going on which you did now good job so please go back to wow and continue to have your epeen stroked there. Because you won't get it stroked here. I quit playing wow myself to get away from players like you. But i guess this game will get ran into the ground too by your kind. What a shame. Btw your prescious wow game in its next expansion is stealing a few ideas from star trek online oh and good job saying reported on your alt account bud typical tactic a wow nerd would do.
I literally just got up from falling out of my chair laughing so hard at your idiocy.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
I literally just got up from falling out of my chair laughing so hard at your idiocy.
still flaming huh young man? Please keep it up your actually starting to entertain me with your antics. I can't wait to see what you write next little boy. I guess you are going to say next that this game was made for you. and all the exclusive items in the cstore now has suddenly de-valued the game for you huh?

in addition dude seriously if you hate the game that bad and you hate cryptic that much then dude just quite dude. That's all you got to do dude. simple as that or can you not figure that out on your own? Do you need a satellite gps navigational system to lead you there?
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronoso1979 View Post
still flaming huh young man? Please keep it up your actually starting to entertain me with your antics. I can't wait to see what you write next little boy. I guess you are going to say next that this game was made for you. and all the exclusive items in the cstore now has suddenly de-valued the game for you huh?

in addition dude seriously if you hate the game that bad and you hate cryptic that much then dude just quite dude. That's all you got to do dude. simple as that or can you not figure that out on your own? Do you need a satellite gps navigational system to lead you there?
I'm not flaming you just to flame you, I actually think everything you say is hilarious. I just can't take you seriously.

EDIT: Also, I don't hate the game. I love the game, I hate the way Cryptic is running the game.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Also, I don't hate the game. I love the game, I hate the way Cryptic is running the game.

Well, my suggestion is to avoid flames; avoid language and hyperbole that characterizes Cryptic as having committed crimes against humanity; avoid emotional appeals; ad hominem arguments; etc., and...

make proposals to Cryptic that address subscriber retention, adoption, quality of game experience and revenue growth and you may get a response and support.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-16-2010, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Also, I don't hate the game. I love the game, I hate the way Cryptic is running the game.
You love the game, but insult the people who put in all the hard work to make it? Good luck with that attitude...
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
You love the game, but insult the people who put in all the hard work to make it? Good luck with that attitude...
This is just an example: You really like chocolate chip cookies. The company that makes the chocolate chip cookies kills puppies. Do you like the company that makes your cookies? They're hard at work, you know.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-16-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Cryptic seems to have combined those, paying monthly AND for content. They've made it completely clear they're in this for nothing but the money. They released the game unfinished (Clearly) and with DLC ON LAUNCH DAY. That means they intentionally left things out of the game so they could get money for them after we've already paid for the game. They then proceed to release more Paid DLC than ANY OTHER PAID MMO within the first 5 months. INCLUDING The pre-order/limited/deluxe/special edition items that people paid FAR MORE MONEY FOR BEFORE-HAND.
You seem to overlook the point that you're not paying for extra content here. ALL the things listed in the c-store is not content. Content is new zones, new missions, new STF's, new gear that statistically improves your character.

You're paying for costumization options, none of these are things you must have to play the game, you can do perfectly fine without them. Argumentively the Enterprise ship is the only thing that would fall under content since it's marginally better then the standard ship you start off with, however this is still mostly cosmetics since it's not completely overpowered compared to the alternative. If they charged money for actual content then it'd mean you have to buy it or you couldn't play the full game, but that's most definately not the case here.

Please do not mix up content with costumization options, there is huge difference between the two.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
does the this list of reason revolve around your interpetation of how cryptic is 'bilking' the player base? are they wrong for following the rest of the industry going this route? so now you hate more MMO companies aside from cryptic too then, huh? or is there a legit gripe other than jacob flowers has posted about?

Quote:
This is just an example: You really like chocolate chip cookies. The company that makes the chocolate chip cookies kills puppies. Do you like the company that makes your cookies? They're hard at work, you know.
lol, fell out of my chair after reading this. one has nothing to do with the other, except in your head. sad really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka
Please do not mix up content with costumization options, there is huge difference between the two.
Nishka is right! c-store fluff is just that fluff. nothing useful comes out of it, just eye-candy to enhance YOUR gaming. content is having new explore missions, STF's, pvp match-types and such..........which they have provided and will add much much more when season 2.0 debuts on tribble in 2 weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Wait... who else is selling pre-order exclusives as add ons to their MMO?

I keep reading "evolving" and "industry" remarks about how this is to become expected, and to a degree I get the idea of buying into content (the way CO does, where the content is earnable with time in game, or money in the C-store), but I have never seen any game re-release its pre-order exclusives and other exclusives for pay before this.

CoX comes close with their boosters, but those are usually out when a *new* edition is launched, not to sell old gear.

Anyone?
Closed Thread