Lt. Commander
# 41
06-15-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm extremely annoyed at seeing these items in the C-Store, I wouldn't have bothered preordering my collectors edition if I'd know a few months down the line I could have just bought the items I wanted.

Yet another terrible decision by a company that seems intent on driving it's customer base away. Shame on me for buying a lifetime membership. I really wish I hadn't bothered and won't be bothering with any Cryptic game again after all this crap.
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMatter View Post
Is the game dying or something?
Starting to look like it. It certainly is dead to me, at least.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Starting to look like it. It certainly is dead to me, at least.
I haven't played since 3 weeks after release. I was only levle 12 and was very repetitive. Since then, I've been too busy playing other games. Gonna give it a go tonight I think... but I don't feel like it.
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshboi82 View Post
I'm extremely annoyed at seeing these items in the C-Store, I wouldn't have bothered preordering my collectors edition if I'd know a few months down the line I could have just bought the items I wanted.

Yet another terrible decision by a company that seems intent on driving it's customer base away. Shame on me for buying a lifetime membership. I really wish I hadn't bothered and won't be bothering with any Cryptic game again after all this crap.

you know what all you naysayers out there qqing about these new cstore items. If you want bragging rights I tell you what. Listen or read carefuilly. Because I'm so tired fo seeing you whiners in game complaining. QUIT PLAYING DELETE THE GAME FROM YOUR COMPUTER PROBLEM SOLVED. Then if you want a game where you can brag and show off your epeen please go play world of ********. There you can sit in dalaran all day showing off pretty mounts and rare mounts and be hardcore and show off all the exlcusivity you want bro.

Please by all means quit playing this boring game that you think is dying. I for one quit playing wow to get away from players like you guys and I came to star trek. Guess why I came to star trek this might come as a shocker. I love star trek. I have no complaints what so ever about the game. I'm glad they put the uniforms on the c-store. I'd rather pay the 10 bucks for the two uniform sets than have to spend 50 bucks for the damn collector's edition. That was your choice to spend 50 bucks or what ever you spent on additional copies. I'm on a fixed income so this works out perfect for me. Again i re-iterate if you don't like it then quit problem solved. Have a pleasant day and if you choose to go to world of ******** with your epeen toting friends in this thread then enjoy. However the rest of us who love star trek and who are grateful for the changes to the c-store will continue to enjoy the game and the incoming changes.
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Let me preface by stating I've both CO and STO pre-launch Lifetime subscriptions and I bought the DDE, so I've several of the perks in question.

That said, I've never understood the need to deprive others of something to find enjoyment in the possession of it. It's just small. They all should be made available as Veterans' Benefits or C-Store items at some point; sooner rather than later I'd hope.
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ShadowHawk View Post
Let me preface by stating I've both CO and STO pre-launch Lifetime subscriptions and I bought the DDE, so I've several of the perks in question.

That said, I've never understood the need to deprive others of something to find enjoyment in the possession of it. It's just small. They all should be made available as Veterans' Benefits or C-Store items at some point; sooner rather than later I'd hope.

yes but there are those players out there I've found rather quickly in playing this game for my first two months that in both this game and in wow that want bragging rights and I'm sick of those players. I mean the game is fun but eventually you get tired of those players being in the zone or making post after post on the forums saying please stop making these exlcusive items available to everyone or please stop doing this or blah blah blah just so they can keep their silly epeen bragging rights. I mean if they want their epeen rights to bad let them go make their own damn game so they can get in a circle and jerk their epeens.
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8Dragon View Post
I would like to buy the Borg-Tribble, the playable Borg, the Trill, ships...or something like that too in the C-Store, but I also see the Problem of those who bought the game mutliple times... But I think, there would be a Way to make it fair... Give them some Extra-Play-Time for every code or something like that... I hated the Del Tacco spezial... Im in Germany, without a Del Taco, so I couldn't get that code... I think you would have bought it in the C-Store
I wonder how Del Taco and any future sponsors of Cryptic games feels about this...
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ShadowHawk View Post

I have no interest in "depriving" people of things they could have bought but didn't. But, if items aren't going to be exclusive then I ask Cryptic not to sell them to me as such.
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-15-2010, 06:39 PM
As my last little post for the night.

I checked my box and my online orders. No where does it say""Temporarily Exclusive".

If you weren't playing WOW on release to have the original bonus pet then you don't have it. That is the industry standard as most long term players of MMO's probably know. This is a pretty major breach of Etiquette by Cryptic.

Plus I think this is a pretty short sighted move by Cryptic. It establishes the precedent that when you buy new Cryptic games just get the cheapest version available, which will hurt initial ROI. I think its a big mistake as a business decision (unless Cryptic is either not going to release any new games or is sitting on piles and piles of excess capital so it can absorb expenses for new games with less initial revenue)

Perversely, I think it will, again long term, reduce C-Store sales as it removes the urgency to make purchases quickly and in a timely fashion. Since we all know now that what's available today will be available basically forever I know longer have any sense of urgency to get things now.

I wouldn't have done it.

But hey, I'm a professional accountant that does budgeting for Fortune 50 companies, and not a game designer, so what would i know?
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinonewt View Post
Plus I think this is a pretty short sighted move by Cryptic. It establishes the precedent that when you buy new Cryptic games just get the cheapest version available, which will hurt initial ROI. I think its a big mistake as a business decision (unless Cryptic is either not going to release any new games or is sitting on piles and piles of excess capital so it can absorb expenses for new games with less initial revenue)
This. 5 months after release is crazy. If I ever buy a Cryptic game again, I will certainly not buy the "Special" or "Collector's" edition.