Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I suspect I know the answer to this already, but I wanted some clarification.

I bought the Lifetime Sub yesterday, but when I investigated the possibility of creating a Liberated Borg playable character, the option was not presented.

I checked the stowiki and all it said was needed was a lifetime sub.

Was there an expiration date on that offer and did only people who paid for the lifetime sub before a certain date get the Liberated Borg option?


To be honest, I feel I didn't get much for my money paid (and it was more in my country, due to exchange rate).

A title and a mini instance exclusive to lifetimers that I would have gotten anyway at the 400 day veteran mark.


The Liberated Borg was half my motivation for paying this large amount of money and seeing as I didn't get it, I feel cheated.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-16-2010, 09:34 AM
I paid for life sub when it first was announced I THINK (dont quote me) The liberated Borg Character was a limited time offer, But then again I was under the impression the Lifetime sub was a limited time offer too...so who knows.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-16-2010, 09:49 AM
The playable Borg was a limited time offer if you bought the LTS before launch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
The Liberated Borg was half my motivation for paying this large amount of money and seeing as I didn't get it, I feel cheated.
STOwiki is not accurate on this matter. All of the befits listed and the Star Trek Online site are the only benefits available. The liberated Borg is no longer available as a bonus with the life time sub. It was originally offered in the pre-launch version of the life time sub. That offer expired day the servers went live.

As far as the value goes, what cryptic will tell you is that you did not buy anything other than the LTS. All other extras should not figure into your purchase. Given that the idea is that in 20 or so months you will be playing STO for free. This idea is achieved by dividing the cost of the LTS by the cost of a monthly sub.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
STOwiki is not accurate on this matter. All of the befits listed and the Star Trek Online site are the only benefits available. The liberated Borg is no longer available as a bonus with the life time sub. It was originally offered in the pre-launch version of the life time sub. That offer expired day the servers went live.
Alright, tired of some of the inaccuracies on this wiki.

<Creates an account>
< Edits Liberated Borg page>

Voila!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
Alright, tired of some of the inaccuracies on this wiki.

<Creates an account>
< Edits Liberated Borg page>

Voila!
/thumbsup

.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:41 PM.