Lt. Commander
# 21
06-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
I was really looking forward to the USS Enterprise being on the C-Store... but when I logged in, expecting to make my purchase for the ship... I was stopped and appalled by the sheer price of the ship. 800 cp? Are you serious? This has to be somekind of a joke. I was expecting something around 200cp, or even ~300. Why is it so prohibitively expensive for a tier1 ship?
Its a whole ship so this is not to expensive! not a skin or uniform, but a whole ship.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Please tell me this thing is unlock for ACCOUNT and not per Character...
I get one every time I roll a new toon.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-15-2010, 11:58 PM
I was a bit disappointed to see it at all in the C-store to be honest.

the original TOS ship is supposed to be a one-of-a-kind ship, a legend!

I am not looking forward to seeing everyone fly the same TOS ship, as it would lose it's status.

But then what's done is done and if some people are happy with it so be it.
Price wise, the whole c-store is still in its infancy so none of the prices seem accurate.
I expect them to adjust the prices later or have special offers going on. For the time being the pricing is ok
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Graham View Post
the original TOS ship is supposed to be a one-of-a-kind ship, a legend!
?

12 of a kind. They establish that in the show with the combat simulation and Richard Daystrom and the computer that goes haywire.

There's 12 Constitution Class ships in the fleet at the time.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-16-2010, 01:54 AM
At the time is the key here, who knows how many there were up until the point the refit program started?
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
800 CP is about 10 bucks. It would seem they're trying to put the bar higher for "ships" than it is for other items.

This might be because they plan to put other "ships" in the C-Store in the future.
Yep. And you can go to walmart.com and buy their exclusive CO CE for like 18 dollars. Get a month of CO and a 10 dollar CP card (800 points). Use it to get the TOS Connie and a month to play CO. So if you were even thinking of trying CO and wanted the Connie, there you go.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie1961
I don't think its too expensive. What makes it not worth the money is that its only useful for a short time. Unlike uniforms, emotes and most other items.
I retract this statement. I hadn't flown my connie in a while. I did last night and you know what? She is worth everything that they're asking for her and more.