Lt. Commander
# 1 transporter rooms
06-16-2010, 12:19 PM
There are is a starbase and station k7 where when you beam on to them, you materialize in a transporter room. If you want, you can then go back to the transporter room to beam out. You use transporter rooms in the tutorial.

My question is why there isn't a transporter room on earth spacedock, the lifetime member station or ds9? The transporter room is one of those key rooms and I would love to beam into one when I am visiting a station or building and then be able to return to them to beam out if it is a social map. If I recall, there was a transporter room on earth spacedock during beta and we beamed into it...the doorway is still there, but we can't use it anymore?

Please add more transporter rooms to stations, buildings, etc.!
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2010, 12:36 PM
From a RP perspective, I get what you're saying. It's logical that stations would use their own transporters (with bio-filtering) to transport people on the station, especially from ships with no transport tech, but there's really no point when we all have ships that can beam us around at our whim. Besides, the starbases we can access have multiple levels to them, not just the one floor that we have in-game, that's where the transporters are. As for DS9, it only ever had the two person transporter pad just off of Ops, but I guess you could argue upgrades and renovation.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2010, 01:48 PM
I see what you're saying as well, but the precedent has already been set by having a transporter room that you beam into on the starbase in alpha centauri, plus memory alpha and K7...so why not on the other bases and ds9? Lets keep things consistent...and really, like non-RP people are going to care where they beam into and I'm sure bases, like starships, are going to control beam in points for security purposes and especially places like ds9 wouldn't let people just beam around all willy nilly however they felt.

They either need to remove the transporters that are in-game on bases or put ones on bases that don't have them (although earth spacedock used to have one, it doesn't anymore). Just want designs and gameply experience to be consistent...