Lt. Commander
# 1 Federation Flagship class
06-17-2010, 04:50 AM
We are playing in the 25th century already, what is the new "official" flagship class? It was the Enterprise-E Sovereign class before. The current cruiser design, though customizable, should be fairly outdated by now. Any "Cryptic official" details yet? I hope the franchise allows Cryptic to create a new design. Guess the original Star Trek owners have to come out with something new first.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2010, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sath View Post
We are playing in the 25th century already, what is the new "official" flagship class? It was the Enterprise-E Sovereign class before. The current cruiser design, though customizable, should be fairly outdated by now. Any "Cryptic official" details yet? I hope the franchise allows Cryptic to create a new design. Guess the original Star Trek owners have to come out with something new first.
There is no such thing as Flagship class.
There are Fleet Flagships (ships Admirals base their flag) and there is a Federation Flagship ( the pride of the fleet)
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2010, 05:00 AM
Most likely that Jupiter class
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2010, 06:24 AM
I so hope its not that Bathtub in space thing.

Id put my vote in for one of the Star Cruisers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivarST
I so hope its not that Bathtub in space thing.

Id put my vote in for one of the Star Cruisers.
I agree, it's most likely the Star Cruisers. It is possible that we'll eventually see 'Fleet Flagships' in-game at some point, maybe around Tier 6 or so depending on what Cryptic decides to do, since one of the options for T6 ships was having whole fleets pool their resources to build one. So, there's a possibility that each fleet will have a flagship class they build on their own of one sort or another. We'll have to see.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Well, we know that it is going to be called Enterprise. So just keep an eye out for that ship.

Oh Gawd, there are bajillions of ships called the U.S.S. Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-17-2010, 07:18 AM
the enterprise E is still in service

did it ever give up its flagship status. if not then the flagship is still the enterprise E