Lt. Commander
# 1 Sanity fixes for PvP
06-17-2010, 09:28 AM
This is not a balance thread. To whine about balance, post somewhere else.

1. Automatically join everyone to the same group upon zone-in. Add support for fleet grouping mechanics to support large C&H maps. 90% of the problem with healing in STO PvP comes from the fact that people have to put in effort to group up. It should be automatic.

2. Allow players to see the location of their group- or fleet-mates anywhere on the map regardless of distance. Who's played a Cracked Planetoid, respawned far as hell from the engagement, and flown around for a minute or more looking for your buddies?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2010, 10:47 AM
I think one of the problems is people qeueing for the games and then not accepting them which is making the uneven teams. Sooo...

3. Remove the "ready, sleep, leave" option and forcibly enter all the players into the map. Put a disclaimer to warn people that qeueing for pvp will interupt their gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2010, 11:09 AM
good idea, Faithborn
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I think one of the problems is people qeueing for the games and then not accepting them which is making the uneven teams. Sooo...

3. Remove the "ready, sleep, leave" option and forcibly enter all the players into the map. Put a disclaimer to warn people that qeueing for pvp will interupt their gameplay.
Agreed, but you also need to prevent getting in multiple queues. Which implies reducing the queues to one space mode and one ground mode, or maybe one of each mode+type (C&H,Arena,etc.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Even if we don't get automatic grouping...I wouldn't mind seeing some in-match faction chat :/

I also agree with seeing teammates (not necessarily in your group) from far across the map. Not to bring realism/canon into this but don't ships have some sort of sensor linkup? e.g. "There are no other Federation ships within three sectors -we're the only ones who can help" And I know the km distance scale isn't realistic but seriously now....It's only at 40-something-ish km that you can actually see your ally on sensors?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2010, 11:38 AM
I like all these ideas.