Lt. Commander
# 1 PVP revamp suggestion
06-17-2010, 12:46 PM
This is just a suggestion; you can take it for what it's worth...more than likely you're going to do what you want to anyway.

My suggestion is this:

Waiting, waiting, and waiting around for a PVP match to happen is rather frustrating and dull. The current QUEUE system is not working in my humble opinion.

I suggest that the PVP system be revamped to one very much similar to the manner in which the "Enemy Signal Contact" events work. Player from opposing sides/factions should be allowed to invade the others' space and initiate PVP combat.

Now true this might seem unfair to those engaged in battle with opponents of greater rank, but let's be honest leveling in this game is ridiculously easy. In sight of a week...one can make it to Captain and within 2 weeks Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2010, 02:42 PM
This is kinda like a Space Warzone. I would like more of them. Some "open-ended" PVP zone (without necessarily making it full open-PVP) is certainly something that sounds interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROZ
In sight of a week...one can make it to Captain and within 2 weeks Admiral.
I know that is not true. I have 3RA5s and a BG5 so I know how long it takes to get a character to the level cap.

Have you considered the downside of your idea? Bearing in mind that there as many, many more federation players compared to klingon players. The klingons may be gods at PvP but they will still die to a fed zergfest.

So in the end there will be less PvP as the klingon players just don't logon.

In WoW there is a European PvP realm "Magtheridon", where the Horde hugely outnumber the Alliance. Often you can wander around Stormwind as a Horde on this realm and never see an Alliance player. I don't think this is the future we want for STO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenda
I know that is not true. I have 3RA5s and a BG5 so I know how long it takes to get a character to the level cap.
Depends.. if your hunting skill point rewards it does not even take that long. I'm leveling a Sci Klink for some BG PvP action. I created him last Friday Night... I will hit Capt tonight... I will be in RA/BG PvP Before the end of the weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Depends.. if your hunting skill point rewards it does not even take that long. I'm leveling a Sci Klink for some BG PvP action. I created him last Friday Night... I will hit Capt tonight... I will be in RA/BG PvP Before the end of the weekend.
Yay, thank you. You just won me a bet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenda

Have you considered the downside of your idea? Bearing in mind that there as many, many more federation players compared to klingon players. The klingons may be gods at PvP but they will still die to a fed zergfest.

So in the end there will be less PvP as the klingon players just don't logon.

In WoW there is a European PvP realm "Magtheridon", where the Horde hugely outnumber the Alliance. Often you can wander around Stormwind as a Horde on this realm and never see an Alliance player. I don't think this is the future we want for STO.
BLENDA--regardless of the speed at which you managed to get to the LVL CAP, the POINT I am attempting to make is that the endless waiting one must endure to have a crack at PVP in STO is very tiresome. Though I am NOT an expert on WoW, I am a fairly knowledgeable player of Lineage 2 and the PVP system is very much like the one I am proposing and Lineage 2 is still going strong after all this time. We seem to wander around the PVP queue in STO and wait and wait some more for an opposing factions player to make the effort to go the PVP queue section and decide to join one of the "battles."

We have "FLEETS" but seriously what is the point of having a fleet in this game...extra storage in the fleet bank? I propose that in leu of the absent klingon player that fleets could battle for sections of each factions territory for defense against the opposing (FED or KLING) faction.