Lt. Commander
# 71
06-15-2010, 04:21 PM
he he he.... If someone pulls off a good ram on me, great. I don't care - the best ones though....they ram me, and we both die, or they get caught in the warp core "reach back from the grave" kill.

I even make sure I send congrats on a beautiful suicide.
Lt. Commander
# 72
06-17-2010, 12:05 PM
While I agree that ram is silly at times, I think the silliest ability is my zooming around pvp matches with my left turn signal always on.:p
Lt. Commander
# 73
06-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
While I agree that ram is silly at times, I think the silliest ability is my zooming around pvp matches with my left turn signal always on.:p
Particularly if you are turning right...

...but I see the Federation as a nightmarish "caring and sharing" Health-and-Safety culture dystopia, so having a demented Starfleet regulation requiring the use of safety light even in battle fits perfectly with my personal prejudices when it comes to the Federation...
Lt. Commander
# 74
06-17-2010, 05:13 PM
I believe that ramming speed should be buffed! And that is not an ability! Players should take damage whenever they touch another ship! And asteroids! It is so unrealistic if they bounce each other.
Lt. Commander
# 75
06-17-2010, 05:17 PM
I should probably take it off of my macro bar whenever I'm in an RSP heavy game. That green glow just begs me come get some. It's like fine, if my energy weapons are going to work I'm going to headbutt you like a child throwing a temper tantrum ... and then take twice the damage I deal in my rust bucket BoP.
Lt. Commander
# 76
06-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
Ramming seepd = losing all front firing weapons until you die. Best fix i can think of
I'll share 1 story with you.

There was some stupid BoP trying to stick the front of his ship up my ass. I got fed up and went into reverse, hit evasives to get perfect angle and and did a reverse ram for 30,000. He died. True story.
Lt. Commander
# 77
06-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luepert View Post
I'll share 1 story with you.

There was some stupid BoP trying to stick the front of his ship up my ass. I got fed up and went into reverse, hit evasives to get perfect angle and and did a reverse ram for 30,000. He died. True story.
Haha. I've tried that in the past myself, though never killed anyone with it.

That said, if the loss of weapons bit I suggested would be implemented, then in this case you would lose your rear weapons.

I still think its the best solution that could likely get implemented.
Lt. Commander
# 78
06-18-2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
Ramming speed is a problem only because the damage by the skill is the highest burst damage in the game. It highlights the flaws in the patch with traditional damage capabilities.

Players will exploit every means to achieve best results. Ramming speed represents the best results right now.
Exactly. It is the premium "finishing move" at the moment.