Lt. Commander
# 1 Bridge Officer Rarity
06-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Is there a reason why some of my officers are common some uncommon, and othes rare? i cant seem to tell a difference in their skills/abilities but maybe i am missing it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuroshin View Post
Is there a reason why some of my officers are common some uncommon, and othes rare? i cant seem to tell a difference in their skills/abilities but maybe i am missing it.
Yes, you´re missing something.

Rarer BO´s have better traits (numerical value, not usefulness) and there´s a higher chance that they have a rare BO skill (like RSP 3 or so).
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Anyone make a list of these rare and uncommon skills? Would like to start keeping an eye out for them. I got a few lists here, but none ever really say if they're rare or whatnot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2010, 11:49 PM
The traits are the same as the already existing ones, but with a higher value.

The skills you can find out yourself. Every skill is available in a I, II and III version. (This includes skills that only start at Lt.Commander Level Attack Pattern Omega II or Attack Pattern Omega III are both Commander level BOs skills!)
Some III versions can be trained if you are the right class and have a Captain skill trained to 9 ranks.
Those that cannot be trained are only available via Rare or Very Rare Bridge Officers.

Examples of such skills:
Beam Target Subsystem 3 (all subsystems, but shields is particularly sought after)
Auxillary to Structural Integrity Field 3
Transfer Shield Strength 3
Reverse Shield Polarity 3
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Energy syphon 3, cannon scatter volley 3, torpedo spread 3 are also "very rare" space abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2010, 12:36 AM
The only 3's I'm looking at currently are Reroute Power to Shields 3 and Attack Pattern Delta 3 on a potential BOff. Maybe save them for now. only lc5 right now anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-18-2010, 11:04 AM
There's also a difference Traits, with 'Basic' Traits being below average, 'Superior' Traits being above average...
  • Common BOs: 2 Basic Traits
  • Uncommon BOs, 1 Basic Trait
  • Rare BOs 1 Superior Trait
  • Very Rare BOs: 2 Supeior Traits