no
??? i don't understand

yes
12 ????
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-18-2010, 11:49 AM
ground pvp is almost dead, I can never get a queue to pop

cracked planetoid fedvfed is about the only thing I can get to pop on a regular basis.

Not sure why people are afraid of the ground and log out after dying 3x.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-18-2010, 12:04 PM
to the OP and comments
ground combat sucks it alway has in this game as clearly it was an after thought of the game design process. That is PVP as well as PVE.

space is boring and clearly based off the subscription numbers / active players in the game space pvp is dying. When they decided to dumb down the game instead of telling people to get better it was the end of good gameplay. Any time a game company cowtows to the general public over the difficulty of the game learning curve its a bad sign. Woot for casual gamers needing to have their hands held to be the Captain Kirk they pay a monthly fee to be.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-18-2010, 12:12 PM
I played T3 PvP all day yesterday on my Klingon.

Queues popped fairly quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-18-2010, 12:37 PM
I know PvP has lost a lot of its appeal for me. I find myself no longer interested to even bother to queue and instead just wait for the next day to get my exploration marks. There was a time I did not mind going into the Borg Hunt warfare zone, but all the fun things I could do there (Mask Energy Signature being one that allowed me to scout around and stealthily scan for objectives) have been nerfed to the point of futility... not to mention the Borg themselves have become disgustingly more powerful.

Sure, Borgs ought to be powerful, yeah. I just thought things were more fun when I could actually pull off tricks against them like crowd-control, sensor jamming (confusion?), etc.

Since Season 1.2 I haven't really adapted by science power loadout to compensate for it... but the one time I tried a PvP scenario out yesterday, the battlefield seemed dominated by cruisers and nothing I did to them seemed to put a dent in thier hides.

I'm not QQing. Just saying that until things get put into order there I don't see why I should bang my forehead repeatedly on a wall.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldor
The people you can SEE in the Q are WAITING on a match. The reason there used to be 60+ feds waiting on a match is because there were only 1-2 teams of klingons entering matches. Whenever a team enters a match, they are no longer in the Q. The Q lines have gotten shorter as a direct result of FvF. Feds no longer have to wait for the klingons to get done with a match and go into a new one. For every 1 match a fed used to get into, a Klingon got into 5-6 in the same amount of time. The sides have evened out a tiny bit,...
For the most part that is true. But if you re-queue after a match, you end up practically with the same people from the previous match, which means there are less people than there once was.

And as for Feds not knowing what to do in PVP, that's Cryptic's fault in throwing people into battle who don't know how to PvP and expect them to do well.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
For the most part that is true. But if you re-queue after a match, you end up practically with the same people from the previous match, which means there are less people than there once was.

And as for Feds not knowing what to do in PVP, that's Cryptic's fault in throwing people into battle who don't know how to PvP and expect them to do well.
It coulld also indicate that the matches typically have similar length - so everyone runs the matches in cycles.

And of course, some people actually stay teamed after combat to enter the next.