Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 101
11-24-2008, 06:48 AM
Here is a good rumor......several months ago while at Gamestop the clerk mentioned that STO had a scheduled release date but when he checked the system it was not there. He seemed to think it was for the first quarter of next year.....but not anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 102
11-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin_Draco View Post
Here is a good rumor......several months ago while at Gamestop the clerk mentioned that STO had a scheduled release date but when he checked the system it was not there. He seemed to think it was for the first quarter of next year.....but not anymore.
The reason the clerk thinks there is a release date is because in the Game Informer Article it was said they are planning for a release a little over one year from the article. So roughly Nov of 2009, but this would not mean there is a specific day set in stone yet.
Lt. Commander
# 103
11-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlockman View Post
Ship combat is paced and more strategic. Youíll have to think about positioning, transferring power to boost weapons or shields, and how to best exploit your opponentís weaknesses.

That Quote makes the space combat sound limiting? mabey not true real time?

What do you guys think about the space combat?
It just means you won't be dogfighting in a Galaxy-class ship. And even in a Defiant-class ship, the speed will likely be balanced such that strategy has somewhat more weight than aim.

That's how I read it, at least.

Powers &8^]
Lt. Commander
# 104
11-24-2008, 03:02 PM
borg ships have shields?
warp will be like teleportation?
something is wrong in this interview
Lt. Commander
# 105
11-24-2008, 03:47 PM
When did Borg not have shields?

THought they did .. hm .. will have to watch those episodes again. They have some sort of field around them I think (when Worf and Data got Picard as Locutus, I thought they commented about going through the Borg's something-field)
Lt. Commander
# 106 Too little
11-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Is anyone else disappointed at how infrequent the updates have been of late? I mean, we get one long-ish interview that's mostly old information, and we pick it apart like vultures trying to glean some new meat from the old info carcass.

Do we know of any plan by cryptic to give us more tidbits more often?
Lt. Commander
I had to wait to post the first interview. PC Gamer purchased it from me and as such I was only able to link to a forum that posted the original interview. I am working on a follow up with Cryptic that will alllow fans to send in questions they want to ask.

Original interview is linked below.

http://www.guardianhq.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=412
Lt. Commander
# 108
11-26-2008, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetual
We are not focusing on making a great Star Trek MMO, we are focusing on making a great MMO, we want to draw in that fan that may not like Star Trek but loves MMOs'
One of the dumbest things any devloper has said ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ
We donít want to focus on making an MMO so much as bringing the Star Trek Universe to life. The biggest obstacle may be reaching the incredibly high bar that we, as Trek fans, have set for ourselves. Iím confident that the talented, dedicated team we have working on Star Trek Online is up to the task..
See this is the difference; this is why the ST mmo is in such awesome hands now compared to the disaster of NGE proportions that Perpetual was creating
Lt. Commander
# 109
11-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanx for the updates. All the info is very helpful and exciting to hear.
Lt. Commander
# 110
11-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomangor View Post
Is anyone else disappointed at how infrequent the updates have been of late? I mean, we get one long-ish interview that's mostly old information, and we pick it apart like vultures trying to glean some new meat from the old info carcass.

Do we know of any plan by cryptic to give us more tidbits more often?
No, not at all. I take updates as they come in. I'm not chomping at the bit for more information. It also means they may be actually working on the game and not messing around like that other developer did. Cryptic has taken Perpetual's lessons to heart. Never ever promise something you cannot deliver on. Never ever lie to your future customers to grab headlines or for any other justification. Be very very careful what you do say, because every word, every syllable, will be dissected and scrutinized down to the nth degree.

Cryptic, take your time. Do it right.