Lt. Commander
# 51
06-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Well CapnLogan is hard at work, we know that. He's going ship by ship and correcting the messes created by the initial modeller that put them together. He has at one point said he is also working on the Klingon ships, but I'm fairly sure he's having to work through the Starfleet ships, first due to the volume and volume of players wanting them fixed. ( :3 See what I did, there? :p Heh.)

Unfortunately the Starfleet ships are in higher demand than the Klingon Empire ships, so I'm guessing his bosses have that on the bottom of his list. He's doing a fantastic job, too, so I know that we'll have some amazing looking ships once he is able to make it to the K-side ships.
Which is exactly why the KDF faction will never, ever be even a half-fleshed out faction.

And the Romulans? Dominion? Cardassians? Wishful thinking if Cryptic won't even bother finishing up the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 52
06-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
Which is exactly why the KDF faction will never, ever be even a half-fleshed out faction.

And the Romulans? Dominion? Cardassians? Wishful thinking if Cryptic won't even bother finishing up the Klingons.
Oh absolutely correct. An unfortunate reality of being a part of the minority customer base. "It's just good business." to quote At World's End. Businesses do it all the time, though it generally involves cutting off the minority customers entirely. (Sort of like Dodge discontinuing the Stealth line. The sales just weren't there to justify continuing its production. Yes there were fans, and yes they wanted to buy new ones, but the profit margin just wasn't there and the resources were allocated to other projects deemed more profitable.)

Fortunately, the cost vs profit margin of catching us up isn't as big of a factor, we just have to find a way to show that we are worth the same time and effort (more-so, since we need to be caught up) as the Feddies. ^.^

=edit=

Moved the list to another thread where I have more room to add suggestions, feedback and errors. I will run through this thread and add as many details in to the new thread as I can (in case I left any out due to my own short sided-ness in not checking to see if there was a character limit per post.)
Lt. Commander
# 53
06-18-2010, 12:34 AM
If you really want to show them your dissatisfaction, stop paying them.

It detests me to think I gave them money for this half-ass*d experience called STO and actually stayed on for a few months thinking they'll really work on the Klingons. They haven't.
Lt. Commander
# 54
06-18-2010, 02:08 AM
Quote:

It detests me to think I gave them money for this half-ass*d experience called STO and actually stayed on for a few months thinking they'll really work on the Klingons. They haven't.
What if I don't want to show my dissatisfaction? What if I actually want to s how my love for this "half ass*d experience" and show how it could be done better? Taking away my money won't help a bit.
Whning won't help, either.

I guess I am too much a roleplayer at a heart to get why people that want to play proud and powerful Klingon warriors are anything but that on the forums.

And besides, are oyu not up to date or are you lying? They are working on the Klingons. Didn't you see the post on Orion costumes and the 8 new Klingon story missions? Sure, you probably want 100 missions yesterday. I kinda want that, too, but I know what's an realistic and fair expectation and what's just illusionary.
Lt. Commander
# 55
06-18-2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
They will, but they are always going to set priorities based on most players being Feds. Learn to live with it.

Besides, it is all a bit silly...Klingons have (almost) everything Feds do, except the storyline missions. And those are a one-time thing.
Lt. Commander
# 56
06-19-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
They will, but they are always going to set priorities based on most players being Feds. Learn to live with it.

Besides, it is all a bit silly...Klingons have (almost) everything Feds do, except the storyline missions. And those are a one-time thing.
I am living with it bro. I cancelled, deleted credit card info, uninstalled. But I refuse to accept the fact that Cryptic caters to one faction with the KDF being left to languish. Ship variety, uniforms? No real improvements, but dang, look at those Fed uniforms keep pouring on in, and those ships too. I wanted to sink my teeth into a Klingon experience in a Star Trek MMO, but it's just unfortunate Cryptic hasn't made that. I'm living with it alright. Just not letting those bast*rds get any more of my money.

I just like checking in and observing things around here and seeing the same lack of progress. Pretty satisfying to watch from a distance knowing I've stopped feeding into it.

Maybe one day these clowns would unbork this game and make it worthy of the Star Trek name, but until then, best of luck to you guys tossing your money to Cryptic. And you Lifers? Well, what can I say. They got you guys good.

How did the 45 day patch hold up?
Lt. Commander
# 57
06-19-2010, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
What if I don't want to show my dissatisfaction? What if I actually want to s how my love for this "half ass*d experience" and show how it could be done better? Taking away my money won't help a bit.
Whning won't help, either.

I guess I am too much a roleplayer at a heart to get why people that want to play proud and powerful Klingon warriors are anything but that on the forums.

And besides, are oyu not up to date or are you lying? They are working on the Klingons. Didn't you see the post on Orion costumes and the 8 new Klingon story missions? Sure, you probably want 100 missions yesterday. I kinda want that, too, but I know what's an realistic and fair expectation and what's just illusionary.
I wanted a fulfilling KDF experience when the game went live in Feb '10.

That didn't happen. And it certainly hasn't happened in June '10. Month after month I was waiting for some real improvements to this faction, but month after month I see catering to the Feds.

Whatever justifications you have for sticking around this MMO despite you yourself acknowledging the deficiencies, that's all up to you. Your money.

But I refuse to keep on being led about month after month, feeding money into these bast*rds knowing full well their priorities lie with, and only with the Federation faction. I have stuck up for this faction in the past and posted ideas such as this. But update after update, nothing really came for this faction.

So the morons at Cryptic are working on the Klingons? Okay. That's what they said shortly after the game went live. Things will improve with the 45 day patch. Again, how did that go?

Years ago I was in another MMORPG that I was determined to stick with in hopes that the developers would fix things up and provide a great gaming experience. There were dev posts about what they were going to do, but they just needed time (and subscription money per month, as it went without saying). The game belonged to another IP that I loved (Star Wars). I imagined how the game would be like once it was fixed up with all the ideas / intents the devs had for it. Well, years later, it didn't turn out that way (long story and all that). Alot of time spent on an MMORPG that wasn't getting fixed, but players were being fed promise after promise, and we fed them more and more money.

There's a phrase for practices like that. It's called "Stringing You Along."

Sorry bro, you can have blind faith if you want and keep feeding them money, but my days of doing that are done. I've given them time to do SOMETHING to make the KDF experience enticing. But all I had to see was where their development attention has been during the time I was a subscriber, lack of attention to the KDF, and that's enough for me.

P.S. - Dev posts about fancy stuff they're going to do doesn't mean s**t until it goes live. Remember that. Otherwise, hang onto those false hopes.
Lt. Commander
# 58
06-19-2010, 01:25 AM
Don't forget about the new version of the thread.

(I created it because I did a pretty poor job on the first page. My apologies, I was ignorant about the post length limit.)
Lt. Commander
# 59
06-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Signed Warmaker01 post.

Cryptic won't get from me any more money. And I'm telling people not to play this game. They can spend their money on much better ones then this half finished product.