Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
* Minimal Ensign Rickys'

1. I would like to have 30 active/commissioned boffs slots at all ranks for space and ground rotation this would allow me to have a crew instead of NPC and have a ship uniforms for any other NPCs.

2. I would like to assign my boffs stations on my bridge and other places on my ship.

3. I would like to see a direction tool for placement of boffs on ship interiors
and assign certain titles to certain stations.

4. I would like a transfer option instead of a just a dismiss button with boffs so you can transfer and trade or bank your boffs for later use or trade and they can hang out in ten forward or work in a cargo bay.

This would give the more "trek" feel to my crew.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
* Minimal Ensign Rickys'

1. I would like to have 30 active/commissioned boffs slots at all ranks for space and ground rotation this would allow me to have a crew instead of NPC and have a ship uniforms for any other NPCs.

2. I would like to assign my boffs stations on my bridge and other places on my ship.

3. I would like to see a direction tool for placement of boffs on ship interiors

4. I would like a transfer option instead of a just a dismiss button with boffs so you can transfer and trade or bank your boffs for later use or trade and they can hang out in ten forward or work in a cargo bay.

So, you want bridge officers to serve on places other than your bridge?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Actually, you bring up a good point that I'm sure hasn't been discussed yet. Which is, all the NPC's you'll see running around your ship once interiors are opened up. The problem is that they won't be "in uniform", as in the uniform you specify for yourself and your boff's. Like the NPC's you see on the bridge, they'll all be in their own uniforms. I wonder if Cryptic is considering this a problem. If they aren't, your idea would be one way to solve it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcnighthawk View Post
Actually, you bring up a good point that I'm sure hasn't been discussed yet. Which is, all the NPC's you'll see running around your ship once interiors are opened up. The problem is that they won't be "in uniform", as in the uniform you specify for yourself and your boff's. Like the NPC's you see on the bridge, they'll all be in their own uniforms. I wonder if Cryptic is considering this a problem. If they aren't, your idea would be one way to solve it.
I've seen mentioned by developers:
1) Default uniforms for crew.
2) Obtaining Bridge Officers from your generic crew in ship interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
when you say default uniforms you mean i can set the uniform for the crew?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Sweet, so they have considered it. And yea, I believe default uniforms to mean that you set the uniforms for the rest of the crew.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcnighthawk View Post
Sweet, so they have considered it. And yea, I believe default uniforms to mean that you set the uniforms for the rest of the crew.
well the question will come down to, how is it going to be set up. will you just have one uniform options for all of the crew. of will you be able to pick for each sections ( example, you can pick the science uniform for science crew members, operations uniform for operations crew members, and a tactical uniform for security officers )

also if we do get missions on our ships it would be nice to pick a stranded type of weapon for the crew.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-20-2010, 11:48 AM
hmm I hadnt even given thought to weapon types for crews. will your crew minus your BOs all have the standard phaser or will you be able to arm them as you see fit?
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
well the question will come down to, how is it going to be set up. will you just have one uniform options for all of the crew. of will you be able to pick for each sections ( example, you can pick the science uniform for science crew members, operations uniform for operations crew members, and a tactical uniform for security officers )

also if we do get missions on our ships it would be nice to pick a stranded type of weapon for the crew.
I probably thought too much into it without really thinking about it :p I was thinking that they just gave you a crew uniform template. So it pops up a random looking npc, goes into the character creator minus Appearance/Body option (so it just has only the Uniform option) and allows you to create your uniform. Once createed, it auto colors in the uniform based on how the NPC is flagged. So it would use the standard default colors for the different operations (red for command, yellow for engineering, and blue for science). It would have an option that allowed you to pick the base colors for the different operations, for those that use an alternate color scheme. So if you picked Brown to be engineering, every NPC flagged engineer would have brown as their color instead of yellow.

As for weapons, never gave it a thought. Again, just assumed they would use the Federation standard (hand Phaser). Wouldn't really be a problem since their damage would scale to your level. But it would be nice to have an option to change it. Never go wrong with too many options
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
* Minimal Ensign Rickys'

Yes eventually your bridge crew some will need to be posted in sick bay, some in engineering,
and your NPC crew members need a standard ship uniform of our choosing from our available uniforms
and the more BO's you have the more you can rotate them through ground and space missions and the fewer NPC you will need to have running around your ship. you should be able to select a ship uniform and if your NPC's are in sick bay their collars are blue, if in engineering they are yellow, any where else they are random.

We will need a placement tool so you can assign your bridge and others to their posts.

NPC would have a standard hand phaser or the standard phase rifle. so if your ship were boarded they could help defend your ship.

If it were one of your 30 BO's you could arm them as you see fit.

I would like to see a call for help button "security to the bridge" feature so you could have a team of NPC or BO's respond if your ship were boarded. I was thinking a number like 10 and you could designate who was on that team BO's or NPC's. It would be so "TREK".

I like this idea....2) Obtaining Bridge Officers from your generic crew in ship interiors.

/ bump for love!