Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekTheStars
A Negh'Var that has the same skills as the Galaxy-X would be nice but not unique like the Galaxy-X is. Think about it this way, that ship is the only cloaking ship the Feds have, it gives the biggest advantage to line up your attack to any unsuspecting opponent over any Fed ship.

Now what would give that unique feel to a Klingon ship? Combat cloak or maybe some kind of interphase cloaking device (it is canon).

This was my idea for a Referral Ship.
You guys already HAVE a cloak; be thankful you even have that. Adding in a phase cloak would seriously overpower the Klinks.

And yes, it is canon, but the Klinks also couldn't reproduce it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalshion View Post
You guys already HAVE a cloak; be thankful you even have that. Adding in a phase cloak would seriously overpower the Klinks.

And yes, it is canon, but the Klinks also couldn't reproduce it.
Thankful we even have that? You make it sound like we're second rate and don't deserve the same attention the Federation has.

Sounds like you totally missed the point of what I was saying. I gave examples of things that would be unique that no other Klingon ship has. The Galaxy-X does, so why can't we? Not to defend the whole phase cloak (I could care less about it, it was just an example) but giving it to a BoP with a 3 minute cooldown and stays up for 15 seconds would not overpower the Klingon faction. The Phaser Lance can shoot through objects, letting a BoP go through them doesn't seem to unbalance anything.

If you went to my link you would see what I thought we should have for a referral ship....and it has nothing to do with Phase Cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-20-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Emperor Worfs Flagship from the mirror Universe.

But Cryptic will do nothing for the Klignons as usual.
Wasn't this just a Neg'Vahr?

<snip>
Nope. Well, yes, but it was DRASTICALLY scaled upwards so that it would be more impressive/imposing, and so they could do those lovely shots of the mirror Defiant strafing it.

From Memory Alpha: Regent's Flagship

"The Regent's flagship appeared almost physically identical to the Negh'Var warship, but it was scaled up several times when compared to the other ships in the fleet. The DS9 effects designers built a special thirty-foot-long studio model of the underside of the ship for use in the Defiant's strafing runs, in order to make sure that the two ships appeared properly scaled."
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-21-2010, 03:03 AM
I am absolutely against just picking a Bird of Prey (K'Vort) or a Neg'Vahr and just move the size slider up. That's boring.

Though maybe it would fit... It's not like the Galaxy-X is particularly aesthetically pleasing, so Feds have ugly, Klingons get boring. :p