Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
06-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchrotron
If, however, they told everyone point-blank that's how it was going to work, then many of those people would just wait. Currently, they can tell themselves "but what if it doesn't go into the C-Store? I really want it, so I better do what I have to to get it." - and Cryptic's bottom line would suffer thereby.
But they have to realize that this is hurting them almost as much, if not more. At this point, people are reasonably sure, or at least in enough doubt, about the Galaxy-X eventually finding its way onto the C-Store, that they aren't bothering to make the effort to recruit. The Galaxy-X has ceased to be a prime motivating goal for recruiting; anyone recruiting now is not doing it for the Galaxy-X, instead they must be very big advocate of the game, since they're essentially doing the recruiting solely for the love of the game. But such people have for the most part already done their major recruiting pushes, both before and after the R5F program was announced. It doesn't help that Cryptic has annoyed between one quarter and one half of their playerbase to the point where they almost certainly not advocate and recruit for the game. The R5F program and 'Bonusgate' intersected at an inopportune time.

In short, if Cryptic intends the R5F program to actually bring in recruits, and to use the Galaxy-X as the reward for that program, they need to announce that the Galaxy-X will not ever be available any other way.

But... how many people would believe them?

ETA: Actually, I guess I answered the question as to why they don't make such an announcement. By keeping it unanswered, there's the doubt that it might never be available any other way, and a few more people might make the effort to get 5 recruits. If they answer definitively, well, aside from a definitive answer, they've locked themselves into that answer, and it MUST go that way.*

Hell... what do I know, though? This is all speculation.

* - Prior announcements that the MU unis would be available only to COLTS notwithstanding.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
06-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Oh god another thread is needed ? if Cryptic didnt say in the 100's of other threads, you thought starting another would help ?

Get over it guys, for now at least its not in the C Store so go earn like we did, I hope it never goes in the C Store as that would be Cryptic taking those that did the work or paid the money and bending us over big time.

So dont do it Crypic, you had the chance to make this more fair by releasing two ships at the same time, one for the reward, one for the C Store, dont go making the cry babies happy by adding the Galaxy X to the C Store, they will just moan about something else

Or do what you should have done and make another T5 ship for the C Store, but then if you make a new T5 cruiser you will get moaners saying that want an escort, or a sci ship etc..

If you actually want to keep any subs you earned from the referal reward you wont add the Galaxy X to the C Store.. talk about slapping the biggest fans in the face.

You already slapped me in face once Cryptic with putting my so called "excusives" from the lifetime sub and pre order etc on the C Store.. dont do it again and show what you really think of your player base.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
06-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness01
Oh god another thread is needed ? if Cryptic didnt say in the 100's of other threads, you thought starting another would help ?

Get over it guys, for now at least its not in the C Store so go earn like we did, I hope it never goes in the C Store as that would be Cryptic taking those that did the work or paid the money and bending us over big time.

So dont do it Crypic, you had the chance to make this more fair by releasing two ships at the same time, one for the reward, one for the C Store, dont go making the cry babies happy by adding the Galaxy X to the C Store, they will just moan about something else

Or do what you should have done and make another T5 ship for the C Store, but then if you make a new T5 cruiser you will get moaners saying that want an escort, or a sci ship etc..

If you actually want to keep any subs you earned from the referal reward you wont add the Galaxy X to the C Store.. talk about slapping the biggest fans in the face.

You already slapped me in face once Cryptic with putting my so called "excusives" from the lifetime sub and pre order etc on the C Store.. dont do it again and show what you really think of your player base.
But Darkness, you haven't known? Everyday is Christmas in Star Trek Online. You beg hard enough, and Cryptic (Santa Claus) will come down and grant every one's wish!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
06-22-2010, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
But Darkness, you haven't known? Everyday is Christmas in Star Trek Online. You beg hard enough, and Cryptic (Santa Claus) will come down and grant every one's wish!
haha good point.. and Cryptic already have !

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8977/rekhnaquote.jpg

Burn in hell Cryptic.. burn slow...... Last time I let myself get bent over by you guys !
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
06-22-2010, 09:34 AM
I estimate another 6 months before it shows up in the C-Store. Can't wait for it!! :p

To Rekhan: I could not have put it in a better way myself.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
06-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness01
haha good point.. and Cryptic already have !

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8977/rekhnaquote.jpg

Burn in hell Cryptic.. burn slow...... Last time I let myself get bent over by you guys !
Hey where did you get that quote? Do you have the link by any chance?

If that's true, then I don't know why I even bothered wasting so much money for nothing. I will make sure that I will never participate in any promotions that Cryptic holds. Also, I will make sure to let everyone know not to participate in any promotions where Cryptic offers "exclusive items" because they will be available for the fractions of the original "costs."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
06-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
Hey where did you get that quote? Do you have the link by any chance?

If that's true, then I don't know why I even bothered wasting so much money for nothing. I will make sure that I will never participate in any promotions that Cryptic holds. Also, I will make sure to let everyone know not to participate in any promotions where Cryptic offers "exclusive items" because they will be available for the fractions of the original "costs."
Not entirely certain where the quote was. Someone posted that image earlier in this thread or one of the other two threads regarding this topic, noting that the thread they had found it has apparently gone missing. However, this may be incorrect on my part, since I did not actually find the quote, so take with an isograin of salt, your mileage may vary, objects in rearview mirror may appear closer than they are, void where prohibited, use only as directed, may cause indigestion, psoriasis, coughing, nausea, vomiting, death, and shingles. You get the idea. =)

ETA: Here is the original image. Honestly, though, I'm wary, since there is no additional data regarding this post, no date, no post number, no anything. It seems quite neatly cropped. If it existed, it has apparently disappeared form the forums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
06-22-2010, 12:50 PM
First off, we're not gonna get any response from a yellow name for the following reasons:

1) Nobody monitors this subforum except to close threads, edit posts, and hit people with the banhammer & infractions.

2) The "transparent" communication has gotten so opaque nobody can see inside. When was the last time you heard a dev say ANYTHING clearly, if at all?

Now, on to the meat of this post. Frankly, after seeing what rapage marketing has done to us in the past couple weeks, I don't doubt that the Galaxy-X will be put up in the C-Store in a month's time for 1000CP just in time for the expanded "content" update known as Season Two. And I look forward to it. For those people who participated in the "Con-A-Friend" program purely for the ship, then I say suck it up and don't complain when it does inevitably happen.

I, like so many others, have gotten almost all the people that I would have AT LAUNCH. And we all regret signing up for multitudes of reasons...and most of us got an LTS before the game went live. If the game was in better shape than it is then I might have been willing to get a couple people to sign up...and not just for the ship. I would've done it without an incentive like that because at one point I was optimistic about the future of the game and saw potential.

As it stands, I will take any further marketing decisions with a grain of salt. I will be more than willing to wait when an "exclusive" offer is made to make money...especially when I know that I can get it for a pittance of what it originally costs. Frankly, this money grubbing is making me sick and I will no longer support Cryptic financially until they get their act together and realize that there's more to an MMO than just slapping some fluff together, selling it for money, and then letting the core gameplay and content rot while they rake in the dough.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:00 PM.