Lt. Commander
Since the DEVs won't answer me...I'll post here for all to see, perhaps I'll get a straight answer.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE STARFLEET ONLINE ADVISORY COUNCIL? AND WHICH DEV(S) WERE IN CHARGE OF IT?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-21-2010, 11:19 PM
People didnt want anything to do with it, atleast from what i saw.

You may want to you know.. not type in caps on the forums. It's never well received.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-22-2010, 12:55 AM
sifting through 100,000 people to find a handful of people that are qualified to speak for the entirety of the community is... difficult.

Generally speaking, people will make their voices known on the forum, and if enough people agree then the thread will grow and that will be that.
So to put it simply, merely by coming here and posting what you have, you are on the council.
Welcome.

Now make some suggestion posts about Vulcan ship costumes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyusswren View Post
Generally speaking, people will make their voices known on the forum, and if enough people agree then the thread will grow and that will be that.
Actually, the Devs have stated that a very small percentage of subscribers visit the forums, and even smaller portion of that group actually post. The council was a way to try and reach out to people who did not come to the forums.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) the way it was presented was a PR blunder of enormous proportions, and the whole thing got canned.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Actually, the Devs have stated that a very small percentage of subscribers visit the forums, and even smaller portion of that group actually post. The council was a way to try and reach out to people who did not come to the forums.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) the way it was presented was a PR blunder of enormous proportions, and the whole thing got canned.
Since any current subscriber can use the forums, no one can complain if they choose not to use the method of communication that Cryptic has provided for them. And regardless of the intent, the end result was that the people on the council would receive more direct attention from the Devs than another other random joe community member becauase they supposedly "represented" other people. Of course, there would have been no way to ensure that they werent simply representing what they wanted. IMO, all paying customers should have equal voice, and there shouldnt be some elite group of representitives that either receives more attention or has greater influence than any random poster on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraegan
Since the DEVs won't answer me...I'll post here for all to see, perhaps I'll get a straight answer.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE STARFLEET ONLINE ADVISORY COUNCIL? AND WHICH DEV(S) WERE IN CHARGE OF IT?
Plans for it were abandoned due to player outcry.

It was never stated any Dev was 'in charge of it"; as again, due to player outcry, it was completely abandoned.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2011, 11:02 AM
??? why was this dug up? /smackhands
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Hidden and sinister councils pulling strings in the background, and watching your progress through some orb or mystical mirror is nothing but fun, so I'm guessing this was to be the other more boring type of council, with all the negativity emerging.

No loss then, but I'll vote for the sinister types any time. Paranoia is healthy, makes you alert and ready for action.

---
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraegan

It got canceled. The forum backlash was huge. People were harassing council members (i.e. going to the Council members' personal websites and calling them names and leaving death threats).

It was announced by Zinc then pulled by Zinc very quickly.

It is gone; it doesn't exist anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
and there shouldnt be some elite group of representitives that either receives more attention or has greater influence than any random poster on the forums.
Apart from the Redshirts, of course.
Closed Thread