Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 91
06-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
I ate to much Mexican food I feel bloated and unattractive, but I did not start a thread about it. These feelings have about the same amount of baring as the cheated and betrayed argument. We both got what we paid for, with a few bonuses, mine was indigestion, yours was STO Beta access and a MU uniform Set. It is what it is now take antacid chill pill.
I do not have an issue with Cryptic because I bought 'to' many pre-order items and got the digital equivalent of indigestion. I have an issue with Cryptic because they engaged in a misleading marketing campaign. And I have already repeatedly admitted that it's ultimately my own fault because I shouldn't have trusted Cryptic. So I'm not sure what 'baring' your indigestion analogy has on my argument.

Also, I never had the MU uniform set. You may be confusing me with another poster.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 92
06-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Not in words no, but a lot of people around here act like it.
Perhaps you're reading too much into what we're writing. Personally, I don't feel that way. As I wrote in Post #19 of this thread:

So I agree with Synchrotron. I'm not quitting this game over this one thing. I'm not asking for a refund. I'm not looking for sympathy from other players. I just want Cryptic to know how I feel and why I feel that way. That's why I posted in a Feedback forum.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 93
06-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbase1
I do not have an issue with Cryptic because I bought 'to' many pre-order items and got the digital equivalent of indigestion. I have an issue with Cryptic because they engaged in a misleading marketing campaign. And I have already repeatedly admitted that it's ultimately my own fault because I shouldn't have trusted Cryptic. So I'm not sure what 'baring' your indigestion analogy has on my argument.

Also, I never had the MU uniform set. You may be confusing me with another poster.
It was lighthearted in perspective outlook on the thread title not so much on any one individual.

That is why you may have not found an exact bearing on your case specifically
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 94
06-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
Dear OP, if you haven't learned by now that Cryptic likes to make money whichever way possible, like any other company out there, you know, then I feel sorry for you.
As mostly correct as your cynical attitude is, there are some companies out there with a well deserved and good reputation. I might direct you towards Unity Technologies who ate a huge loss of money to refund the cost of one of their products for people who bought it in the last 6 months when they made it go free. So not only did they release it for free, they refunded hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Cryptic almost has it right. They have a dev team that actually freaking listens. This is amazing. But the marketing team only listens when there's money to be made in the short term. The devs seem to be forward looking too. That is when people suggest things, often the devs were onto it before the players. The marketing team however is very nearsighted and walks around in a fog, following the sound of cash registers.

I mean, they pulled a "welcome back weekend" shortly after release. There was practically no new content, no incentive to keep players who had stopped playing after the first month. The marketing team is simply unable to consider the short term consequences of their actions, let alone long term. All they see is dollar signs. And no, that's not true of every single company out there. Just most of them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 95
06-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
I mean, they pulled a "welcome back weekend" shortly after release.
crytic seems to that with every major patch so expect a welcome back week end for season 2
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 96
06-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbase1
I have an issue with Cryptic because they engaged in a misleading marketing campaign.
how was it misleading? they stated time and time again that the exclusive items would be made available.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 97
06-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Closing this thread, too many fires.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:18 PM.