Lt. Commander
# 21
06-18-2010, 03:26 AM
Okay, first of all, thanks to the developers for replying! That means a great deal to me and it shows me that you take all of us seriously or at least trying to do so. Thanks indeed!

Now the answer to the questions you asked: I run my STO in full screen mode, always. I tried the software cursor option several times, it didn't change a thing. I apologize for the register thing on the forum I've posted my DX-Diag, I'll split it up and post it again in here, probably will take 3 or 4 posts in a row then, I hope that's okay with you guys.

About the windowed mode solution (moving the mouse outside of the game area): I can tell you from experience that after I had to exit the game due to extensive mouse lag (it's only the cursor, the game itself never lags), the mouse kept lagging in my OS for about one or two mintues, but after that, everything was back to normal every time I had to exit the game.

Now the DX-Diag that was being asked for. Sorry it took me a bit longer to reply this time:

http://www.2shared.com/document/7ZlIb_AW/dxdiag.html

EDIT: The link should cover all of the text.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Has anyone been able to read my DX-Diag and find out what might be causing my mouse lag issues? I'm still out of business so far except I don't play for longer than 15 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
Has anyone been able to read my DX-Diag and find out what might be causing my mouse lag issues? I'm still out of business so far except I don't play for longer than 15 minutes.
Other than old video drivers I cannot see much else wrong here. I would update your video drivers though just to get that out of the way.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
I went thru it twice just to make sure I did not miss anything and here is what I found:

a. Ikari Mouse - There were two entries for this device in the DXDIAG but the odd part was that it was not listed anywhere in the device listing. So either the mouse has two separate devices on it, the driver itself is reporting two mice, or you really do have two mice connected.

b. Drivers - As Implausible noted you have some rather dated drivers for both your Realtek HD sound card and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 video card. However, I'm rather dubious that this would have anything to do with what you are experiencing otherwise the game itself would be lagging instead of just your mouse pointer.

So my question is have you tried a different mouse that is not the Steelseries Ikari like maybe a generic Microsoft or Logitech mouse just using the built-in drivers? I seem to recall that there were some odd tracking issues with the Ikari and Xai mice after awhile due to some odd issue with the sensor used but I'd have to do some digging again to try and find it.

I know it sounds like an odd suggestion but it's worth trying if you have not already?
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-24-2010, 01:54 AM
I have tried three different mice so far. The first was a common Logitech mouse with ball and mousepad. The second was a thumbball Logitech mouse without mousepad logically. The third one now is this Steelseries mouse with mousepad again, and it costed the most so far. All three mice gave me the same lag after some time, and as you can see, it's going like this for quite some time now, not just days or weeks, it's months.

One of my fleet mates just told me my 64-Bit OS could be the reason and source of the problem. He's running the 32-Bit Windows 7 OS and he's not experiencing any issues with the mouse, but he installed a 64-Bit OS to track the source of the problem, and when he had the 64-Bit OS, he also had the mouse lag! However, it might just have been random bad luck, so he's doing more testing and getting back to me tomorrow.

Yes, my drivers aren't actually most up-to-date, but honestly I don't think that's why the mouse lag is occurring. Anyway, I'll update my drivers today.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
I have tried three different mice so far. The first was a common Logitech mouse with ball and mousepad. The second was a thumbball Logitech mouse without mousepad logically. The third one now is this Steelseries mouse with mousepad again, and it costed the most so far. All three mice gave me the same lag after some time, and as you can see, it's going like this for quite some time now, not just days or weeks, it's months.

One of my fleet mates just told me my 64-Bit OS could be the reason and source of the problem. He's running the 32-Bit Windows 7 OS and he's not experiencing any issues with the mouse, but he installed a 64-Bit OS to track the source of the problem, and when he had the 64-Bit OS, he also had the mouse lag! However, it might just have been random bad luck, so he's doing more testing and getting back to me tomorrow.

Yes, my drivers aren't actually most up-to-date, but honestly I don't think that's why the mouse lag is occurring. Anyway, I'll update my drivers today.
Interesting! I never would have considered that running a 64-bit OS would be the cause of the issue since everything else was running okay.

Before you do any of the other driver updates try updating the ones for the motherboard chipset first since those are the ones responsible for how USB devices are handled. If you are not sure where to look you can get them from Intel just look for the Intel X58 Express Chipset and grab the ones for Windows 7 which you should be able to find here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...10884&lang=eng

Now while they may not spell out the specific motherboard that you have the chipset itself is the exact same and these will work for what you are doing.

BTW, when you do update your drivers be sure to keep the older ones around in case they introduce a new issue that you were not seeing before. It's uncommon but it does happen sometimes most especially with video cards.

Do please keep us updated as to your friend's findings since I'm sure others would be curious as to how things work out.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-24-2010, 01:31 PM
I'll also try to find new drivers for my exotic mouse now, I hope they are still the most updated ones, if not, I'll see that tomorrow. The new drivers for video and audio didn't change anything, so I'll just keep them since they're newer.

BTW: My friend on the fleet forum hasn't been able to reproduce the issue again, so it's 99% (most likely) individual. It's just me so far, lol. I've updated my chipset now as Ladyfox recommended me to do, thanks! I'll give you more info tomorrow if anything has changed.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-27-2010, 06:46 AM
Sorry for the late note, butt actually the lag still exists sometimes, not as extensive as before, butt meowbe it was due to the fact I wasn't using the inventory at all. *lol* My mouse drivers were the best so far, so no need to update them.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Today was really horrible again. Just ten minutes after playing, I had such an extensive mouse lag that I couldn't even open the menues anymore. I tried to do it with keyboard shortcuts, butt I just can't cover all main functions by using the keyboard only. When I walked around the map, as long as I wasn't using the mouse, I had no issues at all. I got to the shipyard and hoped the mouse lag would decrease a bit, just enuff to eventually check the Dreadnought I had just bought ... it was impossible to even extract the standard weaponry and replace it with my own. The mouse cursor stayed at the same spot for nearly 10 seconds before it moved. While waiting, I checked the surroundings. The game went on fluently, not even a minor lag at all.

I don't mind spending money on this game, heck I even bought the Galaxy-X and all those playable species, all uniform sets, all bridge sets (Fed) and all ship variants (Fed). I love playing STO, butt seriously ... if this mouse lag doesn't stop, I will have to give my account and the remaining C-Point's to someone who can at least play the game normally.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-07-2010, 01:01 AM
I hate to bump this over and over again, butt I'd really be glad if there was one more possible solution I could try out. How about the others who also had these issues? I saw two or three with the same problem. What about you guys? Did the issues stop?