Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
This is a minor annoyance, but its still an annoyance. On two different Characters, I've had this issue.

On my Tactical officer, when cutting about the B'tran cluster I get boarded by the borg. Now being a Tactical officer I had tac team I and III on that build. Neither would clear the boarding action, and I'd suffer the penalties.

I'm currently playing A science officer, and as she flies about in the Romulan sectors she keeps on meeting those battleships with Viral Matrix. Again I've fired off science team, both before and after being hit. Neither does any good.
So Am I doing something wrong? Are these the right counters to those De-buffs (Logically they should be)?

Thanks.


Oh and one other bug: one of the loading screen text's says that Auxiliary power helps you turn better)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-23-2010, 01:51 AM
Tactical Team does not work against Borg Boarding parties. It seems to be intentional, but it is... suboptimal.

Viral Matrix seems no longer directly counterable, you can only try to restore individual subsystems disabled by it with Engineering Team.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curii
Oh and one other bug: one of the loading screen text's says that Auxiliary power helps you turn better)
Ya... That is because a while ago Aux did help turning. They changed that, and probably forgot to change the picture.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-23-2010, 10:11 AM
ISTR that the VM counter was switched from Sci Team to Eng Team as part of the first round of science power adjustments..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Tactical Team does not work against Borg Boarding parties. It seems to be intentional, but it is... suboptimal.

Viral Matrix seems no longer directly counterable, you can only try to restore individual subsystems disabled by it with Engineering Team.
WHAT? Everytime I get a Borg boarding party I'd hit Tactictal Team thinking they'd go in and clear them out, but no? It was all a waste of time using that ability? But it's a signature ability of a tactical officer... this is b/s.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Tactical Team is not (for better or worse) a signature Tac ability. It's laughably weak even when you use it for the intended purpose of removing hostile boarding parties, and since it doesn't even work on the Borg (who alone out of all NPC ships actually board you) it's pretty pitiful.

'Signature' Tac abilities are Rapid Fire, Scatter Volley, and Attack Patterns.

Many players agree with you that Tac team is weak. What it *should* do, in my opinion, is behave like a slightly weaker, but instant, version of Boarding Party. Offensive, where STeam and ETeam are defensive, which fits in to the whole Tac mindset and gameplay style.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Honestly, does Tactical Team do anything anymore? Other than give you a small damage bonus for a whole 5 seconds?

Seriously. Does Tactical Team remove anything?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfyre010 View Post
Many players agree with you that Tac team is weak. What it *should* do, in my opinion, is behave like a slightly weaker, but instant, version of Boarding Party. Offensive, where STeam and ETeam are defensive, which fits in to the whole Tac mindset and gameplay style.
This is what tac team should be. It should be a team that beams over and disrupts your targets weapons systems... or tac abilities. A tac only version of boarding party. Mabey fed cruisers would have another option other then BO I... a Tac team that would disrupt an incoming escorts weapons for even 5 seconds would be cool.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Honestly, does Tactical Team do anything anymore? Other than give you a small damage bonus for a whole 5 seconds?

Seriously. Does Tactical Team remove anything?
I guess the only thing I can think of is quickly restoring able crew levels after a hard kinitic hit that brings them down.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 AM.