Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-24-2010, 07:47 PM
When the LTS was first offered before Open beta, i refereed 3 friends. They haven't even heard of the game, but i got 3 folks to buy the game and ALL get LTS. I was a bit annoyed when the referral program came out and that referrals weren't retroactive (which i totally understand, but still upset me).

That being said, I never once complained that i wouldn't be able to get 5 more people on top the three i already did, even though it made me grind my teeth a bit. So now that the Galaxy X will be available in the C-store, i will get it and i won't feel the least bit bad about it. I did some work to support the game, and i will support it further with a c-store purchase.

There have been plenty of posts from people in the same boat; referred all their friends before the program, then gets the shaft afterward. Now these folks can get the galaxy-x. but the folks who put in the work, not only get the Galaxy-x for free, but $50 in cryptic points. Most people get to walk away happy, and the unhappy people at least don't have to go empty handed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-24-2010, 07:59 PM
4 Billed
3 Upgraded (billed in 2 days!)
17 Accepted

= shafted
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Told y'all it will be in the C-Store. I recognized the game the second they pulled that crap with the pre-orders and I realized the referral program perks would be no different. What really get's me, though, is how fast they are doing it. I mean, just after 4 months they are selling pre-order items and even less than that for the referrals. Kinda gives you a mental picture of a ship that's about to go under. Not a picture I'd want customers to get.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
Remember you get something noone can buy in the c store.

the title of master recruiter.

That can not be taken away from you and actually will differentiate you from all others flying an agt-g.

I salute you for finding 5 guys and con them into sto.

For those who "bought" the ship: I have no mouth and i must laugh, in your face.
Nope, still feel betrayed, I've recruited a total of 9 people to this game since launch, and they will all be cancelling with me. Doing what I can to make this boat go down just a little faster than it already is...
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beringer
Nope, still feel betrayed, I've recruited a total of 9 people to this game since launch, and they will all be cancelling with me. Doing what I can to make this boat go down just a little faster than it already is...
LOL they quit because *they* can get "your" Galaxy too?
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcnighthawk View Post
Told y'all it will be in the C-Store. I recognized the game the second they pulled that crap with the pre-orders and I realized the referral program perks would be no different. What really get's me, though, is how fast they are doing it. I mean, just after 4 months they are selling pre-order items and even less than that for the referrals. Kinda gives you a mental picture of a ship that's about to go under. Not a picture I'd want customers to get.
Unfortunately by the time they pulled the first ripoff I already had my 5 referals or I would of told them all to run from this game like the plague. I agree they can't seem to come out with real content look at klingons pve is a joke. My opinion is they are are bleeding subs just like they have since launch go into the game it doeasn't feel like any mmo i've ever heard of tried etc. never see huge crowds anywhere like you do with other mmos this should be called titanic online not star trek online.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojen
Unfortunately by the time they pulled the first ripoff I already had my 5 referals or I would of told them all to run from this game like the plague. I agree they can't seem to come out with real content look at klingons pve is a joke. My opinion is they are are bleeding subs just like they have since launch go into the game it doeasn't feel like any mmo i've ever heard of tried etc. never see huge crowds anywhere like you do with other mmos this should be called titanic online not star trek online.

Quoted for Truth
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
Remember you get something noone can buy in the c store.

the title of master recruiter.

That can not be taken away from you and actually will differentiate you from all others flying an agt-g.

I salute you for finding 5 guys and con them into sto.

For those who "bought" the ship: I have no mouth and i must laugh, in your face.
What the hell? When did they say it would be in the C-Store?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it, and man that is some BS. They need to remove it's cloak before putting it in the C-Store, or just leave it on for those that bought all the game subs.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Gotta love all the people throwing tantrums just because everyone has access to something instead of the 'elite few' with too much money on their hands.

After the preorder fiasco, I find it amazing anyone actually expected this wouldnt happen.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-X-1
4 Billed
3 Upgraded (billed in 2 days!)
17 Accepted

= shafted
1 Billed
12 more Upgraded (billed within 6 days!)
>50 Accepted

= [ NO WORDS TO EXPLAIN HOW SHAFTED ]
Closed Thread