Lt. Commander
# 121
06-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
QFT. I appreciate the OP's effort in this detailed guide. However, colors are going to change in different lighting for different areas, let alone everyone's monitors, video cards, color profile, and monitor adjustments are going to be different, which makes it look right to one person but not another.
This, as all good designers know, is correct. To the OP: post your monitor settings and profile so people will have a baseline from which to operate.
Lt. Commander
# 122
06-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_blue
This, as all good designers know, is correct. To the OP: post your monitor settings and profile so people will have a baseline from which to operate.
Good idea! Personally, I use the standard sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile (since my monitor manufacturers can't get their profiles correct) over a DVI connection. what do you use, OP?
Lt. Commander
# 123
06-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I will be back in a little over a month to add the Alternate Future (All Good Things) uniform to the guide....
There's gonna be an AGT Uniform?

Excellent work on the 25th Century unis!
Lt. Commander
# 124
06-25-2010, 02:43 PM
great guide. i love it.
Lt. Commander
# 125
07-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Due to overwhelming player demand, I am back on the boards in a limited capacity. I will continue to update my guide here and will be adding more to it very soon.

Upcoming Additions:

Klingon Uniforms
Off Duty Uniforms
Canon Starships
Starship Patterns

These additions will be added as soon as I finish them.

Lt. Commander
# 126
07-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Good idea! Personally, I use the standard sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile (since my monitor manufacturers can't get their profiles correct) over a DVI connection. what do you use, OP?
I use a Dell E198WFP Monitor with the Color preset Normal. My Color Profile is the same as yours sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
There's gonna be an AGT Uniform?

Excellent work on the 25th Century unis!
Yes, the Alternate Future (AGT) uniform is apparently part of the Veteran Reward for 200 days.

Thank you! I am glad you like them.

Lt. Commander
# 127
07-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woundswart View Post
great guide. i love it.
Hey, Wounds! I didn't know you were still playing. How's it going?

Lt. Commander
# 128
07-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I use a Dell E198WFP Monitor with the Color preset Normal. My Color Profile is the same as yours sRGB IEC61966-2.1.
I would suggest adding this to the first post, or the guides themselves... I have no idea how I would find info like that out, but it might be good for those that can (I suspect I could look around and find it, but really, things look just fine with the settings I can access from the display section of the control panel, so I probably won't put much effort into it :p).
Lt. Commander
# 129
07-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
I would suggest adding this to the first post, or the guides themselves... I have no idea how I would find info like that out, but it might be good for those that can (I suspect I could look around and find it, but really, things look just fine with the settings I can access from the display section of the control panel, so I probably won't put much effort into it :p).
Added to the OP. Thanks for the suggestion, Feld.

Yeah, you likely don't need to know because these really are just the standard settings for most PCs and monitors.

In case you do want to find out your Color Profile you can simply run a search of your computer files. When you find the appropriate file just open it with Adobe Reader. It's going to look like just a bunch of code, but if you look, the profile numbers kind of stick out from the rest, so it's easy to tell which they are.

Lt. Commander
# 130
07-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Update:

I have found that a large number of players prefer using a lighter shade of gold for the TOS Command uniforms. After much testing and retesting, I have decided to modify the color selection in the guide from Gold B4 to Gold B2. There's not a huge difference but it does look better in darker environments.

All applicable links and wallpapers have been updated accordingly.

If anyone has any questions or comments, please let me know.