Lt. Commander
# 1 Bound equipment issue!
06-25-2010, 07:00 AM
I'm starting to develop a problem... my bank (and my older ships) is filling up with Boud purple gear that i can not use.... This is equipment left over from builds that worked pre 1.1 or 1.2, weapons that i used before respecing for different weapon type, Antiproton [BORG] drops, and more...

I do not have the heart to sell this at retail-price, even though it is completely useless for me at the moment...

Hence I suggest an addition/change to the game:

Allow Bound gear to be transfered between one players different alts!

This could easily be done by adding a third bank tab that would be accessible by all players with same @handle, and that allows depositing Bound equipment. Being able to do this would actually entice me to roll extra toons, just to be able to use some of my nice [BORG] weapons.. Between my RA's i think i have enough of it to equip a ship... But far from enough on one seperate toon.

I'd like to hear the communitys view on this, as there may be downsides i haven't considered. But please be kind even if you don't agree
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-25-2010, 09:09 AM
I love when people think outside the box and come up with other ideas that other games don't use. However, in this case, as nice as it would be, in my opinion, I think it would also be a game breaking decision. Everything should be about "choice" and comparing what you gain vs what you give up. The choice you originally faced with that item was "do I sell it to another player or give it to my alt" vs "use it for myself". Obviously both are viable and valuable choices, but you could only make one. This would negate that need to choose.

Also, one of the points in the game balance is that a player at "X" level has (on the average) "X" level gear. If you were able to pass all your hand me downs to lower level characters, that would skew the gear curve greatly. It's already adjusted by the ability to mail gear to your alt that your main gained, but this would skew it even worse.

Again, I would love to take my admiral and when I replaced items just give them downward to my alts, but this would throw the balance of, i believe. Plus, if supported, the inevitable next cry from someone would be to remove the "bound" limitation altogether allowing players to use an item till upgraded and then sell it to someone else when no longer needed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Bound gear should stay with the character that earned it. You couldn't give it to a lower level character anyway, since it is level restricted, so I don't see how that affects you making a new toon. By the time the character is the level of the gear it can earn it itself.
Lt. Commander
# 4 no no no
06-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Bound stuff needs to stay as is - OR next folks will want to share in Fleets and then and then
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Hazard View Post
Bound stuff needs to stay as is - OR next folks will want to share in Fleets and then and then
The Horror! People actually sharing items!
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-25-2010, 04:49 PM
while it sounds like a good idea in theory, i can imagine people abusing the system by doing the federation missions earning the speical gear (effecent engines come to mind) and then sending them to a klingon alt or something. so honestly i dont see there ever being any type of bound gear transfering happaning.