Lt. Commander
# 11
11-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Glad to hear it won't be a Mana Bar type thing. Sounds more like Starfleet Command, which is a good thing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Nice, What a pleasent surprize
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Will a gang of smaller ships, say, several Bird-of-Preys, be able to take out something like a Warbird using superior tactics and numbers?

Yes. Since we’re not using a traditional level-based system, smaller ships with good tactics and teamwork can take on bigger ships with a solid chance of success.
all i needed to hear from that Ask Cryptic "not using a tranditional level-based system" awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Will there be unique items and equipment to find in the galaxy?

Many thanx for responding to my question.I loved what i read!
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I`m happy to hear/read something new abaout the game. Thanks!!
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the info, this game looks to be shaping up to be great
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-26-2008, 12:28 PM
This is very great, but i would like to run out of energy... It would be more realistic, and harder, and will make strategic battle.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Awesome hearing about the energy distribution stuff. Sounds very Bridge Commander-y or Starfleet Command-ish (all of which are good things!). Overall a lot of cool stuff in here that makes me pretty excited for the game (more so, if that were possible!).
The only kind of so-so piece of information is that bit about sharing discovered locations. I may be totally wrong when I see it in implimentation, but what does it matter what cool and/or unique locations you as a player have discovered if other players don't even know or can figure out about its existence?

But please, keep up the good work, Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderrick View Post
This is very great, but i would like to run out of energy... It would be more realistic, and harder, and will make strategic battle.
But like they said... not fun. The way it is set up is so that you don't have "down time" which really has become the bane of MMO's since more of the players are casual now. (Most of us old school hardcore players don't have the time any more).

It will still require strategy because you still have a "finite" amount of power to allocate. So you might have strong phasers, but weaker shields, you just won't drain your power and have to wait to fire those strong phasers.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueEnterprise View Post
The only kind of so-so piece of information is that bit about sharing discovered locations. I may be totally wrong when I see it in implimentation, but what does it matter what cool and/or unique locations you as a player have discovered if other players don't even know or can figure out about its existence?.

I think this works in a few good ways. First it means that any place you "discover" is really some place you did discover and not just some planet that 1000's of others have been to. Secondly if I were a member of Starfleet or the Klingon Empire and I discovered a new planet I'd transmit the info back to hq and they'd take their time updating the planetary maps. It would be far more likely that a comrade would hear about this new planet from me first than they would from hq.