Lt. Commander
# 1 funny story
01-29-2010, 05:36 PM
So yea I did the beta and ob, preorder and all that, always ran awesome on my system (so I can say it's not me it's you) Today it's let me in a couple times b4 kicking me. Ever since I tried to warp to sol I've been getting the disconnected from server message over and over. That's been around 5 hours ago.

[qq] kk then my buddy comes over to the house and ask what I'm doing. I go on to tell him how I've been sitting here for 8 hours not playing sto b/c it wont let me in. He asked if the game was any good and I told him sure is beta was great imo. So he says cool, hops on my wife's computer buys a lifetime sub I moved my download of the game over to that pc while he waited for his key. As soon as he got the key it let him right into the game. Seriously I'm now sitting here watching him play, sol system and all[/qq]
So here I sit yelling at my pc like an angrey germen for 8 hours to no avail. He walks in buys a lifetime and gets right in the game. Is that what I'm doing wrong I didn't spend $230???
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furlough
So yea I did the beta and ob, preorder and all that, always ran awesome on my system (so I can say it's not me it's you) Today it's let me in a couple times b4 kicking me. Ever since I tried to warp to sol I've been getting the disconnected from server message over and over. That's been around 5 hours ago.

[qq] kk then my buddy comes over to the house and ask what I'm doing. I go on to tell him how I've been sitting here for 8 hours not playing sto b/c it wont let me in. He asked if the game was any good and I told him sure is beta was great imo. So he says cool, hops on my wife's computer buys a lifetime sub I moved my download of the game over to that pc while he waited for his key. As soon as he got the key it let him right into the game. Seriously I'm now sitting here watching him play, sol system and all[/qq]
So here I sit yelling at my pc like an angrey germen for 8 hours to no avail. He walks in buys a lifetime and gets right in the game. Is that what I'm doing wrong I didn't spend $230???
Yup

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Have you tried checking to see if you have a windows firewall exception for the STO client?

I am not saying it will necessarily help but it might...

Making a firewall exception has solved many of my issues with online games in the past.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furlough

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-27-2010, 12:00 PM
This is one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time, not including most of the posts in 10F.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
This is one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time, not including most of the posts in 10F.
it's old enough! it should be funny =3
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-27-2010, 12:13 PM
just not old enough enough if there's a 2010 in it, its not that old. I want to see something from 2008/09... go necro something THAT old