Lt. Commander
# 11
06-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/1/c...380012400c.jpg

(Couldn't resist, lol; tried to find a bigger version of it, but couldn't.)

Also, I forgot to post how to get onto Tribble for those who haven't yet. Here's the thread to get anyone started on a Tribble Test Server account:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=133899
I did set that up with my quote and it's awesome!!!

I have a Tribble account, got on there just before the 1.2 update to Holodeck. I'm planning on going on there again soon
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks for posting that link for the test server. Correction: done the setup steps, patching now.

To add to your post, "There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there is Multipass."

I also found the stones. They are "sold out" at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAbsurdum
Thanks for posting that link for the test server. Correction: done the setup steps, patching now.

To add to your post, "There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there is Multipass."

"Yes! She knows it's a Multipass!"

And I didn't even know they made them! Sucks that they're not available; those would be sa-weet to have!

Also, I think it's really cool you (and everyone else who does) are going to help test it out when it hits Tribble. The more people that help, (hopefully) the more bugs we can catch for Cryptic to squish!
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-27-2010, 02:30 AM
Quote:
I am relatively new to this game but not new to MMOs. I am simply astounded by the comments coming from some players about C-Store issue. The biggest complaint coming from people revolves about specific in-game perks or exclusives eventually being made available to everyone through the C-Store.

I really don't see any problem here. Almost any other MMO that I played made their exclusive perks available to everyone either through in-game accomplishments or through virtual currency. Even referral perks, which in some games are just free game time, eventually become available to everyone.

The advantage offered to those who buy special versions of the game is that they posses those exclusives first and before everyone else for a time being. And it is completely up to the game company to decide how soon they want to make those perks available to everyone, as part of their overall strategy.

About all the anger related to this issue and threats of people canceling their accounts, posting things on blogs and web sites, and so forth. That is truly misdirected anger. If you get so upset by a video game that you play for fun, then it's time to stop playing it now and find another hobby.

Hopefully this helps some people make peace with the C-Store and related issues.
There's a variety of arguments going around. Mine's one of the more mild ones, probably why I'm not so prone to verbal diarrhea on the subject.

The basic arguments I've seen are:

Take one of the following opinions:
1: Cryptic is scum for false advertising and bait&switch.
2: Cryptic made a mistake with false advertising
3: Cryptic made a mistake with either false advertising or ambiguous wording, doesn't matter which.
3: Cryptic made a mistake with ambiguous wording
4: Cryptic did nothing wrong

And pair it up with one of the following:
A: I quit.
B: Cryptic should change their ways and compensate us.
C: Cryptic should change their ways, compensation would be nice, but I'm not demanding it.
D: I'm going to deride everyone who disagrees with me.

Thing is, I'm a 3 with C.

Ultimately my position is one of the following two scenarios should have been the case:

1: All of the exclusives should have been in the CStore to start with and the wording should have been "includes the free CStore items of X"
2: All of the exclusive should be in the CStore now but not at release and the wording should have been "includes exclusive early access to the CStore items of X. These will eventually go up on the CStore at an undisclosed time, but you get to be among the only people who have access to it before it goes onto the CStore."
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-27-2010, 05:31 AM
Quote:

So what else can you buy with Multipass besides intergalactic flights?

WOW?! Zorg must've bought all of them then said "I am very disappointed!"
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-27-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:

Don't worry, the ad says "Ultra Limited Edition of just 150 pieces worldwide!" but if what we've learned here has anything to do with it, what they really mean is "Ultra Limited Edition of just 150 pieces worldwide! For this particular run. You can expect it to show up in the CStore if we get enough whining going on. But the player base who isn't whining will try to pretend that it's not the whining but rather all a part of a master plan that involves statements that are not at all misleading."
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor
It wont, because words arent enough to make the peopel who are upset about this feel better. But it is nice to see new people joining the STO community who arent so concerned about virtual items
And using a extremely LARGE Hammer is too much of a bloody mess.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_Androvar
So what else can you buy with Multipass besides intergalactic flights?

WOW?! Zorg must've bought all of them then said "I am very disappointed!"
Poor ol' Zorg, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
There's a variety of arguments going around. Mine's one of the more mild ones, probably why I'm not so prone to verbal diarrhea on the subject.

3: Cryptic made a mistake with either false advertising or ambiguous wording, doesn't matter which.

C: Cryptic should change their ways, compensation would be nice, but I'm not demanding it.

Ultimately my position is one of the following two scenarios should have been the case:

1: All of the exclusives should have been in the CStore to start with and the wording should have been "includes the free CStore items of X"
2: All of the exclusive should be in the CStore now but not at release and the wording should have been "includes exclusive early access to the CStore items of X. These will eventually go up on the CStore at an undisclosed time, but you get to be among the only people who have access to it before it goes onto the CStore."
but you know as well as I do if they had done so they wouldn't have sold as many copies
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist

You forgot one group here people who have never palyed an mmo with mt's before