Lt. Commander
# 1 You kidding me?
06-28-2010, 02:05 AM
I think a new policy needs to be employed in the IRC chatroom.

I just got 24 hour banned for asking a question about weapon types. Apparently, Askray felt I was beeing lazy and wanting a handout by asking. I defended myself and called out his elitist attitude and got booted. Joined back and called him out for booting me for no reason and he booted me again. PM'ed him and he blocked me. Said a sarcastic remark and got temp-banned.

Don't know what his vendetta against me was, but I don't appreciate admins/mods being hostile towards players. He started the problem and unlike a responsible mod, he neither apologized nor left. Instead he booted me and banned me, the one who was at the receiving end of the abuse. Thanks for presenting me with a kind and friendly community. Sure makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-28-2010, 02:07 AM
And that matters becuase...?

It's unfair to band you straight away, but if you responded in a bad manner (calling names, snide comments etc.) then fair's fair.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-28-2010, 02:08 AM
It took me a few minutes to get hostile. He started off with the insults by calling me a baby and insinuating I was a moron. Don't like being treated like I'm stupid for no reason.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-28-2010, 02:15 AM
I recall something incredibly similar that happened on the TAPS (Ghosthunters) chatroom years ago when I was a just a lad of 16.

There was a moderator that was relentlessly banning people and carrying on like a arrogant know it all and it kept up until someone was smart enough to grab a chat log. Next night he did it in front of an undercover site admin and lost his job.

Moral of the story here is without a chat log you'll never get anywhere with a claim like this even if it is absolutely true.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-28-2010, 02:18 AM
I was gonna grab it, but unfortunately I navigated away from the page and previous chat history isn't saved on the client.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-28-2010, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
I recall something incredibly similar that happened on the TAPS (Ghosthunters) chatroom years ago when I was a just a lad of 16.

There was a moderator that was relentlessly banning people and carrying on like a arrogant know it all and it kept up until someone was smart enough to grab a chat log. Next night he did it in front of an undercover site admin and lost his job.

Moral of the story here is without a chat log you'll never get anywhere with a claim like this even if it is absolutely true.
What he fails to mention is the moderator pointed him to a source of information on the subject and he got nasty, and then when the moderator asked him to drop the subject of whining that people are trying to make him look up the info himself several times, he continued on this path despite many warnings. I observed all this as I scrolled through the IRC chat log. I only make this post in defence of our dedicated volunteer and fair IRC moderators. And please note I have already reported this author's post in this thread for violation of STO forums terms of use, including discussing disciplinary actions. Of which Im probably guilty of in simply by responding to this thread, but I did so in defence of the IRC moderators reputation of fair and decent people. Perhaps, he should read the forum rules first before he visits sto-intels wiki and read up on weapon damage types.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-28-2010, 02:27 AM
Quote:
What he fails to mention is the moderator pointed him to a source of information on the subject and he got nasty, and then when the moderator asked him to drop the subject of whining that people are trying to make him look up the info himself several times, he continued on this path despite many warnings. I observed all this as I scrolled through the IRC chat log. I only make this post in defence of our dedicated volunteer and fair IRC moderators. And please note I have already reported this author's post in this thread for violation of STO forums terms of use, including discussing disciplinary actions. Of which Im probably guilty of in simply by responding to this thread, but I did so in defence of the IRC moderators reputation of fair and decent people. Perhaps, he should read the forum rules first before he visits sto-intels wiki and read up on weapon damage types.
And what you fail to mention is that he wasn't answering my question but telling me something I already knew. He wouldn't give me the answer for one reason:

"I don't like handing out information"

He had some mission to force me to look for it in another place. There was no indication he didn't know the answer nor was there a good reason for him not to give it to me. He had some strange idea that I was a lazy, irresponsible person without even knowing who I am or my own personal circumstances.

It wasn't about wanting the answer, but the fact he had the gall to assume that I lacked any form of intelligence, that I am irresponsible and incapable of handling my own affairs. He was completely out of line. Everything he did reeked of ego.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-28-2010, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
It should also be noted that I stand on neutral ground. I was merely stating that the best way to prove any kind of misconduct by moderators is in supplying a chat log with what you feel to be evidence. Same with anything else, you need evidence before you can make any claim.

Now I'm not saying that nothing happened either, however remember in the future to grab yourself that log.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emn1ty View Post
... and unlike a responsible mod, he neither apologized nor left..
I disagree with this portion. A responsible mod would never leave the area that he is moderating. That would be like asking a lifeguard to leave the pool because he does not like how people are diving into the shallow end. Like telling me to stop helping (hey its not my fault that moon was out of orbit). The whole point of moderators are to be there to stop problems when they happen, not leave when the problems present themselves.

Regardless of what happened this is not the right way to go about reporting it. Discussing disciplinary action is very much against the rules on these forums. If you feel that a moderator's call is out of line you need to contact one of the GMs to report it, they will take it from there.
Closed Thread