Lt. Commander
Quote:
Log Entry for 2398:
Cardassia Prime's Detapa Council quickly passes a law allowing Cardassians to become dual citizens of the Federation, and Grand Nagus Rom bullies a measure through the Ferengi Economic Congress of Advisors that allows Ferengi to take part in the program after purchasing a citizenship license.

While I feel I already know the answer to this, how come the players can't create official Cardassian characters/BOs yet? Is this on hold until the True Way/Dominion faction comes out?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gath88 View Post

While I feel I already know the answer to this, how come the players can't create official Cardassian characters/BOs yet? Is this on hold until the True Way/Dominion faction comes out?
What do you mean official?

You can create a Cardassian in the character editor right now (at least on the Federation side - I have no idea why a Cardassian would side with the KDF after the genocide at Cardassia Prime).

In fact, since many Cardassian children were "left behind" on Bajor and adopted by Bajorans - one could easily imagine that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of Cardassians as Federation Citizens by that fact alone.

Do you mean a paid Cardassian feature? Why bother when you can do it for free?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I know that's there lol.
Just for recognition, basically. You can create a Ferengi officially, so why not a Cardassian? According to this article, thats the case. As compared to "Alien"
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gath88 View Post
Yeah, I know that's there lol.
Just for recognition, basically. You can create a Ferengi officially, so why not a Cardassian? According to this article, thats the case. As compared to "Alien"
Well, no one sees you as an alien character (if I recall).

Why wait for the C-Store to grant you liberty to do what you can today?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Fellow STO player attilio created a tutorial on how to make a Cardassian and a few other races in the game using the alien creator. I used his instructions to make a Cardassian/Bajoran hybrid (it was hinted that Ziyal wasn't the only such "love child" ) and a Denobulan for a couple of my BO ground pounders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor View Post
You can create a Cardassian in the character editor right now (at least on the Federation side - I have no idea why a Cardassian would side with the KDF after the genocide at Cardassia Prime).
As I remember, it was the Dominion and the Breen that were responsible for the genocidal attacks on Cardassians, not the Klingons. I see no reason to think that a few right-minded Cardassians wouldn't join the KDF - after all, the Klingons, according to both DS9 and the Factions page, respected the Cardassians as fighters.