Lt. Commander
Hello, today I thought about Memory Alpha, how it is, how it should be and what Cryptic intended with it. I remembered reading somewhere that special bridge officers should join your crew if you research enough. That never happened to me because I stopped crafting at commander, so i don't know if it's already implemented, however it gave me an idea how to motivate me.
Let us craft special bridge officers. Okay, now that we have established that I'm crazy think about it. There are three crafting branches corresponding to the three professions engineering, science and tactical. There are also a lot of ways to create sentient beings in Star Trek. So my idea would be that if you have maxed out your skill/progress/whatever in a crafting branch you can create a special unique BO of that kind.

Engineering: Soong-type android engineering officer
Science: Modified Vorta science officer
Tactical: Emergency Command Hologram

Any thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-28-2010, 05:17 AM
Hm, nice idea. But why not make them all holograms or androids? Why a vorta? Also, you should be able to create only ONE of all kinds.

But before making changes to the crafting system again, klingons should get their own crafting. It's just unbelievable that only feds can do this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-28-2010, 05:22 AM
i'd agree that it'd be good to have some way of custom training bo officers up in their skills thats more comprehensive than currently in game, that allows assignment of traits and rarity status, but i think it should be seperate from the MA crafting system.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-28-2010, 05:49 AM
I like the idea for bridge officer crafting. I think memory alpha should be made into item enhancement where you could put stat increases on any items like stamina on a piece of armor or shield cap increase on shields. For both ground and ship items.

I would definitely like to see crafting specific to classes. Like tactical officers making weapons,armor for ground and space. Engineers making consoles, shields, batteries and ship repair items. With science officers making kits and deflectors and personal healing repair items. With each making ingredients for items that other classes make.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-28-2010, 09:41 AM
The idea is that it still fits with the current mechanics of MA. Youhand in a bunch of data samples and get your BO (but only one of each kind) with unique traits and a set of good and maybe rare skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiuz
Hm, nice idea. But why not make them all holograms or androids? Why a vorta?
Because I wanted them all to be different, because a science hologram would get this thread the negative attention of a lot of people who used the referral program to get theirs, because androids fit better with engineering and because I like the idea of a Fed messing around with the genetic code of a Vorta and removing the flaws the founders built in it.

Quote:
But before making changes to the crafting system again, klingons should get their own crafting.
Agreed.

Quote:
It's just unbelievable that only feds can do this.
Be grateful, you often get better stuff with Badges of Exploration for less EC's and work. At the moment there's barely any reason to craft.