Lt. Commander
# 51
06-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Let me give you a "realistic" set of numbers:

"Digital Deluxe Edition" has been avaialble for months, from E-bay, for less than $20 per copy. Of that, if used on a non-lifetime account, $15.00 of that $20.00 can be called Subscription Time (30-days). That means $5.00 or perhaps 400 cryptic points, went twards the in-game bonuses that transferred to the C-Store. No reimbursement is nessasary.

with the exception of the "Amazon Borg Bridge Offficer", all of the other editions have also been selling on E-bay for less than $20.00 per copy. So again, except for a "Lifer" the person using the game code lost NOTHING. If you paid $30-$50 for a Borg Bridge Officer you're in the same position as those who bought 5x game copies for a Galaxy-X starship.

If your a "lifetime subscriber", you did the above in full knoledge of the published policies. As such, you chose to pay a premium for those preorder items. I am in that category as well. Bad decision? Perhaps or perhaps not, but Cryptic shouldh't pay for that mistake.

Finally, if Cryptic were to reimbruse for all those preorders they would devastate the C-store since EVERYONE would have more points than they would need to spend.... effectivly guarenteeing that everyone buys the Galaxy-X. And no-one wants that, do they ??
Lt. Commander
# 52
06-27-2010, 03:48 PM
/signed

I agree with the OP...

Picking and choosing who you wish to compensate is just as bad as picking and choosing which items are to remain "exclusive"...

Wait... they're doing that already...

*sigh*.... what a cluster...
Lt. Commander
# 53
06-27-2010, 07:01 PM
/signed Seems only fair to give some form of compensation to those that bought multiple copies for the exclusives and the COLTS
Lt. Commander
# 54
06-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyatt View Post
/signed

I agree with the OP...

Picking and choosing who you wish to compensate is just as bad as picking and choosing which items are to remain "exclusive"...

Wait... they're doing that already...

*sigh*.... what a cluster...
'Cluster' is certainly one way to put it. Up to this point I've never been disappointed or let down with Cryptic. In my personal experiences they've always done well so I have faith that some kind of resolution can be reached here. Time will tell. I say we at least give them the chance.
Lt. Commander
# 55
06-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
'Cluster' is certainly one way to put it. Up to this point I've never been disappointed or let down with Cryptic. In my personal experiences they've always done well so I have faith that some kind of resolution can be reached here. Time will tell. I say we at least give them the chance.

I love this company... I really do! And I love CO (taking a break from STO to give it some time to develop)...

And I'm sorry, but I saw it all going down well before it did... It's like a train wreck in slow motion... And it's all caused by the marketing department...

When the CO Lifetime sub came out, I KNEW that Cryptic had made a big mistake... I saw STO closed beta access and I knew they couldn't allow that... Not from point one.... I saw MU uniforms and knew STO fanbase would rage... It wasn't hard to foresee what was about to occur... I saw it in August...

Then the STO preorder "exclusives" came out, and I was stunned... Virtually every importent canon uniform was tied to an "exclusive" purchase... And the Connie... All encouraging multiple purchases... Everything "core" Trek was being attached to specific deals... But I knew that wouldn't, COULDN'T, hold up... Not with the rabid Trek community that exists... Not the CORE stuff, for goshsake!

In my mind, it was stupid from point one and could only end up in rage... All from very poor marketing decisions...

And, in my mind, I feel, and have always felt since before this even started, that the only way Cryptic will save some amount of face and loyalty from the folks they were going to upset was to give some sort of compensation...

But newp... They ignore those who played into their marketers hands and bought multiple copies and supported the game pre-launch while rewarding those who bought multiple discounted copies on Ebay...

The biggest rages I've seen in either CO or STO have been the direct result of poor marketing decisions...

Like I said, I love this company; but I'm feeling kinda sad at the course they've chosen to take...
Lt. Commander
# 56
06-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
They ignore those who played into their marketers hands and bought multiple copies and supported the game pre-launch while rewarding those who bought multiple discounted copies on Ebay...
This one point isn't correct. They have made no difference as to the "Source" of the game copies. Whether they were perchasted at Full retail or discounted, all the copies have been treated the same. The only difference has been if they were used (1) for ones's own account, or (2) for the promotion. This difference has only occured due to the Galaxy-X becomming a future C-Store item even before the recruiters saw their recruitments mature into "Billed" status. If the Galaxy-X had not been scheduled for the C-Store, no difference would have ever existed.

Beyond this.... well stated.
Lt. Commander
# 57
06-28-2010, 02:13 AM
Quote:
They ignore those who played into their marketers hands and bought multiple copies and supported the game pre-launch while rewarding those who bought multiple discounted copies on Ebay...
OMGROFLBBQCOPTERWTFLOLZ!!!1!!11!!!!eleven!!

The best argument yet!

People bought multiple Pre-Order copies so they could get 'EXCLUSIVES' and then sold the accounts on eBay so people could buy multiple copies to get a Galaxy X !!!

BRILLIANT !
Lt. Commander
# 58
06-28-2010, 12:30 PM
When does the OP compensate those of us subjected to these endless threads?
Lt. Commander
# 59
06-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
When does the OP compensate those of us subjected to these endless threads?
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-X-1
People bought multiple Pre-Order copies so they could get 'EXCLUSIVES' and then sold the accounts on eBay so people could buy multiple copies to get a Galaxy X !
Have you noticed the latest? Pre-referred new accounts are hitting E-bay now. So, people are trying to recoup their self-purchased referrals. Examples:

www.ebay.de
Item number: 110552256253 Star Trek Online Account + Boni + Flotte (Gilde) [active for 4 days]
Artikelnummer: 250657587232 Star Trek Online Account noch gültig bis 24/07/10

Brand new "activated" accounts, with a referral code used, started on the day of the announcment.

Fascinating.
Lt. Commander
# 60
06-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 910burns View Post
Good point.

Have you noticed the latest? Pre-referred new accounts are hitting E-bay now. So, people are trying to recoup their self-purchased referrals. Examples:

www.ebay.de
Item number: 110552256253 Star Trek Online Account + Boni + Flotte (Gilde) [active for 4 days]
Artikelnummer: 250657587232 Star Trek Online Account noch gültig bis 24/07/10

Brand new "activated" accounts, with a referral code used, started on the day of the announcment.

Fascinating.
Haha! priceless!
Closed Thread