Lt. Commander
# 11
06-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JemmyMcDonough
The only canon instances of Fed cloak are still the Pegasus' cloaking device that was used in the Enterprise temporarily and the Defiant's "rented" Romulan cloaking device..
There's also Admiral Janeway's customized personal shuttlecraft in the last episode of Voyager. (But whether this was a legal modification or not could be debated...) as well as the Future Federation 'Time Ships' in several Voyager episodes...
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-28-2010, 02:34 PM
When does the gal-X come out I saw on of them on the live server yesterday ? Or is that just from the referal program?
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
There's also Admiral Janeway's customized personal shuttlecraft in the last episode of Voyager. (But whether this was a legal modification or not could be debated...) as well as the Future Federation 'Time Ships' in several Voyager episodes...
Ah the SC-4

The shuttle was equipped with several advanced technologies, including a stealth generator, an ablative armor generator, transphasic torpedoes, and a neural interface and synaptic transceiver. (VOY: "Endgame")
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
So now we're playing in an alternate future? .
This has been the case since day 1.

(1) Romulus has been DESTROYED, and the Romulan Empire is trying to rebuild.
(2) Nero changed the Timeline.

For this reason, the entire "canon" , including Cloaking Technology, is in. Repeat, in STO "ROMULUS HAS BEEN DESTROYED"... so much for the "ever so often quoted" treaty.

lets see what tier 6 (level 51) ships look like. Are they for Seaon 3, or ???
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
So now we're playing in an alternate future? The D was destroyed, the crew was split up, Worf got married and widowed- we've strayed so far from that "possible future" that I've seriously got to question the writing team for thinking that's canonically correct.

The only canon instances of Fed cloak are still the Pegasus' cloaking device that was used in the Enterprise temporarily and the Defiant's "rented" Romulan cloaking device.

Of course, since we've strayed from that possible future, I guess we should just take the Galaxy-X for the handwaving it is. Even at the tail end of the Dominion War, we hadn't seen the dreadnought refits of the Galaxy, so I'll just shut up now and let myself indulge in some fanboy fun with (IMO) one of the coolest-looking ships ever to come out of Trek.

It's not were playing in the AGT's furture it's just the AGT's galaxy is a natural progression of the Galaxy class design, say the Enterprise-D along with Yamatto, Galaxy and Oddasey they're Mark 1, The Venture (with the addational phaser strips on the warp nacells and probabley other upgrades) and ships after that are all Mark 2 and the Galaxy-X or what we know as the Galaxy-X and AGT's Galaxy is more of Mark 3 Galaxy class starship it's not Galaxy-X or AGT's Galaxy class because AGT was set in 2385 if i'm not mistaken but they're mark three because they're only now showing up in the real timeline in 2409 and the Galaxy-X and AGT's Galaxy class are 24 years older than the Galaxy class Mark 3
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-28-2010, 02:57 PM
oh but its cannon to have the tos connie in game.... i've seen a whole crap load of these but no on complains any more about them being in game.... sorry guys cannon is cannon, but cannon takes a back seat in the game with ships.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 910burns View Post
This has been the case since day 1.

(1) Romulus has been DESTROYED, and the Romulan Empire is trying to rebuild.
(2) Nero changed the Timeline.

For this reason, the entire "canon" , including Cloaking Technology, is in. Repeat, in STO "ROMULUS HAS BEEN DESTROYED"... so much for the "ever so often quoted" treaty.

lets see what tier 6 (level 51) ships look like. Are they for Seaon 3, or ???
uh, Last time I checked, an empire is more than one planet. Romulus being destroied does NOT mean the romulan empire is gone. However, I could of sworn I read in the needs of the many the treaty was considered null and void.

The time line was changed in an ALTERNATE unvierse. We are still playing in prime. So nero's changing the time line had ZERO to do with it. Basically that whole scenario that he created in STXI does not exist.

In any event i do have to concur with quite a few people here, the writing staff using an alternate future scenario as canon for the federation having cloaking tech needs to be smacked a lot and actually pay attention as to WHY we had cloaking tech in that future :p
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuston
oh but its cannon to have the tos connie in game.... i've seen a whole crap load of these but no on complains any more about them being in game.... sorry guys cannon is cannon, but cannon takes a back seat in the game with ships.
Btw it's canon not cannon ^^ and what's wrong with a connie ship? It was in canon and i'm sure if a captain REALLY wanted to use it, they could of pulled one out of mothballs :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-28-2010, 03:08 PM
here we go... * REVEILLE* bring on the nerds to rage, and rip apart the writing team.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
The time line was changed in an ALTERNATE unvierse. We are still playing in prime. So nero's changing the time line had ZERO to do with it. Basically that whole scenario that he created in STXI does not exist.
Odd.... Nero's name, and the entire series of events from the movie, continually show up in the storyline. There's even a statment "Nero showed us the way . . ." in the mission dialogue.

Comment by Askray refuted... we ARE playing in an altered timeline!