Lt. Commander
# 1 Orion Ships
06-29-2010, 02:35 PM
This may have been argued about a million times so i am sorry if its a repeat but i want to know where this idea stands and how hard it would be to put in game.

I know Orion's are now with the klingons, but the NPC orion's have their own ships. Why must Orion players use Klingon ships?

Is there anything in the works where an Orion captain or any of the other species clumped into the klingons can use their native ships? Orion ships for the most part look alright. It would be a nice mix to get to pick ship types like that.

Maybe even a klingon captain can take up a Orion ship if he prefers. It would mostly be like changing the skin for the ship away.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Hear hear! flesh out the faction star ships! err, at some point.
waiting on freighters and vulcan ships myself.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Giving Orions (not possessive) their own vessels would make sense if they were part of a Neutral faction, but while serving under the Klingon flag, I believe they should be aboard Klingon vessels. Same with the Federation - non-Human species should not bave non-Starfleet vessels unless they're part of a non-Starfleet faction.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Part of the Klingon Defense Force not the Orion Syndicate. If it was possible to do missions for the Orion Syndicate, then we should be able to fly Orion ships.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Giving Orions (not possessive) their own vessels would make sense if they were part of a Neutral faction, but while serving under the Klingon flag, I believe they should be aboard Klingon vessels. Same with the Federation - non-Human species should not bave non-Starfleet vessels unless they're part of a non-Starfleet faction.
Quote:
Part of the Klingon Defense Force not the Orion Syndicate. If it was possible to do missions for the Orion Syndicate, then we should be able to fly Orion ships.
Nope, I disagree.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
Thing is, the Orion, Nausicaan, and Gorn are fielding their own fleets under the banner of the Klingon Empire, in-game. They may be considered only auxilliaries to the KDF, but I see no reason why a KDF captain of any species couldn't acquire and use one of their ships if they chose.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-29-2010, 05:04 PM
I've actually suggested several times that Nausicaan, Gorn and Orion players have access to their racial ships in addition to Klingon ones. I mean, really. It makes little sense for a Gorn to command a Klingon ship when there are Gorn ships.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Thing is, the Orion, Nausicaan, and Gorn are fielding their own fleets under the banner of the Klingon Empire, in-game. They may be considered only auxilliaries to the KDF, but I see no reason why a KDF captain of any species couldn't acquire and use one of their ships if they chose.
This is a very good point it would seem silly to me that the Klingons would not just absorb the different ships into their already preexisting fleet. This would also give a much needed variety to the Klingon faction since their ships look pretty much identical as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Praetori View Post
This may have been argued about a million times so i am sorry if its a repeat but i want to know where this idea stands and how hard it would be to put in game.

I know Orion's are now with the klingons, but the NPC orion's have their own ships. Why must Orion players use Klingon ships?

Is there anything in the works where an Orion captain or any of the other species clumped into the klingons can use their native ships? Orion ships for the most part look alright. It would be a nice mix to get to pick ship types like that.

Maybe even a klingon captain can take up a Orion ship if he prefers. It would mostly be like changing the skin for the ship away.
How do you propose to make it acceptable through the game's lore that Klingons would use Orion, Naussican and Gorn ships when they have their own? Especially when all of them are basically subservient to the Empire...
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
How do you propose to make it acceptable through the game's lore that Klingons would use Orion, Naussican and Gorn ships when they have their own? Especially when all of them are basically subservient to the Empire...
Does the same rule apply toward vulcans, betazeds and so on that currently captain Starfleet ships?

Ponders... I dont see the problem, other than, the ships arent avilable to the players or have not been created yet.