Lt. Commander
# 21
06-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Will there be any more level cap raising? And if so, what are you going to call the new ranks? Make up new ones, or focus them on what kind of missions you like? (IE If you like diplomacy, ranks are called Diplomat and Envoy, etc)
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Can I oppose the rank of Fleet Admiral?

Seriously, you can easily expand RAL all the way to 50, and have RAU all the way from 51-60, followed by Admiral from 61-XX.

I've always been a bit miffed that Admiral (even RA) was such an easy rank to get to, but letting players get to fleet admiral...

Fleet Admiral shouldn't be a normal rank any play can just get by leveling up.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeymane
I concur with this statement. To become a Fleet Admiral, should require extensive experience and achievements, and should only be awarded quite rarely. I don't wanna see the Spacedock filled with a bunch of Fleet Admirals.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeymane
Can I oppose the rank of Fleet Admiral?

Seriously, you can easily expand RAL all the way to 50, and have RAU all the way from 51-60, followed by Admiral from 61-XX.

I've always been a bit miffed that Admiral (even RA) was such an easy rank to get to, but letting players get to fleet admiral...

Id hafta agree there... to me, FA should be a VERY special rank, where the few users who met the requirements to get to could have access to Dreadnoughts [also, not to be taken lightly... ULTRA powerful ships that are significantly better than the tier below them]

Perhaps to achieve Fleet Admiral you would have to like, complete all the accolades, all the missions, [so far, that is] AND increase by like, 20 grades instead of the usual 10.
To me, that would make Fleet Admiral a truly "honorable" rank to get to... and Dreadnoughts truly powerful ships to own.

maybe not those exact requirements, but u get the pic... we dont want FA to be just another ordinary rank. I think that people who get to FA should even be able to command a small fleet [hence the name].

But, in all sincerity, i think you should wait on FA cryptic. idk how many ranks are coming out for season 2, but hopefully FA will not come out for another season until it is thoroughly developed.

Another thing id like to throw in there... I hope that instead of making new ships around every corner every time you rank up from admiral to admiral, why not just allow us to increase our skill points, and possibly even [when we get to vice admiral, not just RAU] allow more BOF slots on our bridge for more fancy features. Id luv to see a Lt. Commander science slot on my assault cruiser.

this way, you could still improve the player's strength, but not have to make a million and 1 other new ships. Id even suggest not making any more new ships untill a player reaches FA rank... then, and only then, i think should access to Dreadnoughts be granted.

Great game cryptic! keep up the good work!!!
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-29-2010, 07:55 PM
  1. Add another +1 for Commodore. I don't care how RL Navies do/did it, or if it was removed from Canon after TOS... This is the future, they can put it back. At the very least, let it be an unlockable title that we can choose to put on if we like, or leave off if the player doesn't want it.
  2. Why are you limiting the Admiral ranks to five grades?!? That's wrong! We shouldn't "easily" progress through the Admiralty! If anything Captain should be more grades (20+), most officers would stay there longer, and the Admirals even longer!
  3. I'd really much rather ranks were separated from levels. Peregrine_Falcon has an excellent example/write-up here that I'd fully endorse!
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...00#post2769800
  4. Please, oh please, oh please - Do not have the NPCs address me as "Rear Admiral Lower/Upper-Half" - That is horrible. Leave it just Rear Admiral, or better yet, have them address me by the title I choose.
  5. I hate a universe filled with Admirals, and that's all that we see in STO these days. People want to talk about Cannon ranks... How can 99% of Starfleet be Admirals!?! To fix? See option #3 above.

Thanks for listening. Proceed to do what thou will...
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-29-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm glad we're sticking with Tier 5 up to Fleet Admiral, I think it'd be hard to come up with better and better ships when we've already reached the standard apex for Star Trek for the most part. Almost all the T6 ships would have to be Cryptic originals or yet more revamps of the current lower tier ships.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designated_david View Post
Nice to see the level cap increase, but how about additional tiers and ships to go with them, or weapons-grade increases? (MK XII, XIV, etc).
Reading the pattern, I would expect:

Rear Admiral, Levels: 41-50, MK IX-X (Mk X Drops from 46-50)

Vice Admiral, Levels: 51-55, MK XI (DROPS ONLY)
- NEW CRAFTING LEVEL (GOLD, adds [DMG] )
- NEW TIER 6 SHIPS

Admiral, Levels: 56-60. MK XII (DROPS ONLY)

Fleet Admiral, Levels: 61-TBD
- UNKNOWN

While this is speculation, I believe all the details for the above are already in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
I'm glad we're sticking with Tier 5 up to Fleet Admiral, I think it'd be hard to come up with better and better ships when we've already reached the standard apex for Star Trek for the most part. Almost all the T6 ships would have to be Cryptic originals or yet more revamps of the current lower tier ships.
This, although I've got nothing against Cryptic originals; loving my Celestial-class star cruiser
Lt. Commander
# 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
like that awesome refitted galaxy class? ya... i cant wait till i can fly one of those...

but to quote the post above, I too really hope that each rank of admiral isnt some "easy-to-achieve" rank thats only a little bit better than the other... each rank of admiral should take hardcore real-effort work to get to. like playing STFs and completing accolades.
in fact, i dont think they should make a new ship class every admiral rank. just allow users to spend more skill points to upgrade the empty captain skill slots they already have, and possible...Possible, add more BOF slots on current admiral ships. e.g. make the sci slot on a Sovereign ship a Lt.C slot instead of just a Lt. slot. this way, even if you specialize in just engineering, you can have plenty of sci. tech up your sleeve. and its a great substitute for throwing new ships out around every corner.

Iv said this before in many other posts, but yet again... make Fleet Admiral a VERY hard to get to rank. Super hard to achieve, but very well worth it. it should be like, a Tier 6 [all other admirals tier 5] and Significantly better than its preceding rank. It should have access to the coveted Dreadnought class of ships, which should have much expanded BOF slots, and far superior firepower/shielding than preceding ships. some dreadnoughts id like to see would be the refitted galaxy class, 3 nacelle sovereign ship, and the Jupiter dreadnought.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureAlliance View Post
This, although I've got nothing against Cryptic originals; loving my Celestial-class star cruiser
altho cryptic is doing good by pulling out all these new designs, id still prefer they work on making all ships in the real star trek universe playable...

[such as the treasured {IMO} Excelsior refit]

and the Nebula class, as well as the good ol' Oberth.
Closed Thread