Disruptor Induction Coils would have been more effective, regarding DPS. :p
"After watching him break through the shields of a few unsuspecting Klingon Cruisers,(...)"
Klingon Cruisers? I've been there with another fleet member waiting for Snix to do FvK PvP. No one was there. As I heard a day later, he did FvF most of the time. As seemed nearly all of the events to take place on Federation side. We did several rounds of Capture'n'Hold, Cracked Planetoid and Ker'rat but never had the chance to fight a dev. Staying up until 4 in the morning here in germany this was the most disappointing night since I play STO. And I'm around since Open Beta.
What about the people who don't have fed characters anymore? Next time, the event should take place on both sides equally. An overview of the event, what's planned, and who's online before it starts would be nice, too. I missed the giveaway of Marks of Valor for example, because I didn't know about it. Also should the devs have colored names, so they don't look like regular players.
It’s great that you guy's are developing PVP into fun filled entertainment. However your article shows how unbalanced PVP really is, and how much it still needs to be changed.
1. 15-2 is a pretty standard PVP battle.
2. In Klingon vs. Klingon PVP arena you fly around until someone spills coffee on the keyboard and decloak's himself. (I might add this type of arena pvp was never tested)
3. PVP random gap fillers tend to fly off to get killed do to lack of communication from teammates.
4. It seems that power gaming in the end is the ultimate goal of PVP since even one of your own developers stated that maxing his weapons was the primary goal of his build.
5. In the end gang targeting, and wolf pack hunting is the only way to really survive a 10 on 10 PVP battle.
6. I have found through my own PVP experience that in PVP smaller battles 3 vs. 3 or 5 vs. 5 gives you a better PvP wolf pack tactics and gang tactics can be escaped from rather than being death traps.
Remember the basic rule:
3 light cruisers = 1 capital ship
1 capital ship = 1 capital ship
So a 2 to 1 advantage is huge handiecap as shown in your 15-10 battle in fact the only reason it was close is do to the Klingon Cloak ability (Really should be a ship component with a 1-10 rank.)
In the end PVP testing should have been tested starting 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, until PVP became unbalanced rather than one big mass 10 vs 10 battle.
(In no way am I trying to anger anyone or steal the taste of victory. I simply am pointing out facts and giving my opinion.)