Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 AI Ingenuity
07-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Alright. FIrst off, my tantrum: Who made the AIs so impossible to kill or psychotic? Me and my friend are getting ready to cancel our accounts and we've only been playing for a few weeks. Last game I played was LOTRO and it was fun until I got all 7 of my chars up to lvl 65. On here, it seems like y'all want us to fail.

My friend is Lieutenant 10 and I am Lieutenant Commander 8. At the moment, my friend is fighting in the K-889 R system in the Delta Volanus cluster and he is getting killed every squadron he goes up against. This is not fun for us. Logically, and if you actually really watch the star trek shows, which it feel you don't, then the shields of the enemy should not be dropping every five seconds and it should not take half an hour to kill one science vessel. Normally, Picard or Janeway takes down the enemy's shields fairly quickly and once the shields are down, a few (2-3) more hits and the enemy blows up. This game is not like that.

Earlier, my friend went to this random system, beamed down and his personal shield was failing immediately upon fighting Klingon squads. How is this fair? I went in to help him on the final squad and got killed myself before he did. Again, this is not making sense.

When we first started playing this game, everything was cool. I went in with my little Mirand-class looking ship and kicked butt and was done with my missions within half an hour each. Now, it is taking more like an hour to finish a quest. And lots and lots and lots of deaths.

Not to mention leveling: This is another one that has us both baffled. In order for my friend to make Lieutenant Commander, he has to use all of his skill ups, right? As well as make Lt 10. Well, he's lieutenant 10 with a full yellow bar. Even if you have to wait for the end of level 10, shouldn't you get some kind of bonus for maxing out your skill points for the tier?

Please, this has all happened in the last 5 days where normal difficulty has become some kind of elite. For us, going into a system randomly and having 7 bleeding ships bearing down on us immediately is not very fun. 3-5 would have been cool.

Btw, did I forget to mention the fact that in the random instances in the clusters, me and my friend cannot get into the same instances, even though we are teamed and I click on his name instead of explore system? That's another issue that needs to be fixed quickly.

Before me and my friend decide to give up on your rather ingenious, but unfair game, please fix it.