Lt. Commander
I don't know if anyone else has ever said this, but I'd like to do a little more with BOFF's on my ship, even more so when you can have like 10, but effectively only need about 4 or 5 (I use the same crew to help me run the ship that I do to go on away teams, give or take two people). Basically, I'd like to be able to assign them specific jobs and then choose where they may end up on the ship.

Example: I have an engineering officer named Dougal, I consider him my chief of engineering, I'd like to actually and officially label him as such (even if it comes with no extra perks) and then choose that he appear more often (or only) in the engine room (assuming we could visit it) when I go there, rather than the bridge.

I have an officer I consider my chief medical officer, same thing there, different area of the ship. And I have a Vulcan science officer I consider my first officer, I'd LOVE to label him as such and make sure he's always sitting in the chair next to mine on the bridge for added effect.

You know, give them more life and flavor than "Ok, there's some random people in the wrong uniform and some of my BOFF's on the bridge, even if i feel they have no place here." and then next time "Oh, look. Dougal moved three feet to the next console, exciting."

I know it's kind of silly, but I think it makes the RPG part more alive and role-play-ish to be able to label their jobs and choose where you might meet them to some degree, also to be able to change the over all uniforms of random bridge crew would be sweet, cause it kind of likes like either we don't do a good job of controlling our crew or it's always casual Friday on board lol. Just something I thought would be a nice bonus to add to the expanded ship idea.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-01-2010, 10:57 AM
This has been mentioned a lot, and it's something I'd like to see too. I have Bridge Officers I consider to be my First Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Ghief Engineer, Helmsman, Chief of Security/Chief Tactical Officer, Chief of Operations etc. It would be a really nice feature to have in the game.

One thing I wouldn't want to see is them being limited by which class they are. I could understand how only engineering officers could be CE, only science officers could be CMO/CSO etc, but that's as far as it should go. For instance, my 'helmsman' is an Engineering character wearing a red uniform, like Geordi La Forge in TNG season one.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-03-2010, 06:56 PM
These ideas have been brought up before, especially with the new injury system.

First Officer = Boost BO performance

CMO = Heals Injured Bridge Officers and boosts Crew recovery rate.

Chief Engineer = Boosts Engineering Performance, Engineering Teams, and Warp Core Stats

Chief Tactical = Boosts Weapon Perfromance
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidalwave0082 View Post
I know it's kind of silly, but I think it makes the RPG part more alive and role-play-ish to be able to label their jobs and choose where you might meet them to some degree, also to be able to change the over all uniforms of random bridge crew would be sweet, cause it kind of likes like either we don't do a good job of controlling our crew or it's always casual Friday on board lol. Just something I thought would be a nice bonus to add to the expanded ship idea.

All my Bof's have the same uniform style. When I accept a new officer, I make sure all their uniforms conform to my ship standards.

There are no NPC's on my bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-04-2010, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davejl_99 View Post
All my Bof's have the same uniform style. When I accept a new officer, I make sure all their uniforms conform to my ship standards.

There are no NPC's on my bridge.

then I guess you must be using a smaller bridge, I'm using one of the big ones so my 9 aren't enough to fill it, so I get filler, plus the expanded ships in season two will be bound to have extra NPC's to fill the ship, and they don't have to have perks, just the title, but those do sound like nice perk ideas.